Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Two days in one!

 I didn't sleep well.  I did enjoy sleeping under the feather quilt, though.  It is very sumptuous which is why I bought it for Ron back in 2007.  For some reason he didn't want it last year during the freeze.  

I hit the snooze button WAY too many times but made it to work OK.  My boss was at it again, she is very, ah, driven.  I have seen other employees hide when they see her coming.  She didn't yell at me today which I guess means I did a good job.  

I clocked out and did my shopping.  I had $40 to spend on groceries (I am not starving, I am being careful).  I had a thought recently, as well.  I like to drink a cold soda when I get to work but a work soda costs $2 after my discount.  I can buy a 6 pack of sodas for $4.  So I bought some with the express purpose of taking it to work and drinking in the breakroom before starting my shift, for about 50 cents vs. $2.  That's $ in a week!  That adds up!  So I got some to drink at home and some to take to work.  Or I may just take it all to work over 2 weeks.  Not sure yet.  I also got some diet decaf.  

That done I got my lactose free milk (happily I can do that), two cartons at $3 each.  That's a lot of protein, I can make shakes, cafe au lait, etc.  I was OK for rice, beans, ground turkey so I didn't look.  I have eggs at home already, but they didn't have a whole lot on the shelf, I noted.  Perils of shopping later in the day.  

[next day]  Went to bed early...woke up around 11 PM, back to sleep, woke up with a pretty nasty headache.  Good news, down to 205 weight...Cats are good and slept with me (not Baby Girl,f or some reason the other cats beat her up if she comes in my room?).  It is funny, I had some dressier clothes in Ron's closet, I took them out so my guys could do the work, laid them on the back of the couch, covered them with a towel so they wouldn't get dust on them (and I'd have to rewash the whole batch).  Torbie loves that and lays on the towel constantly.  She is going to be broken hearted when I finish the work and hang them up again in the closet, although I will have to try everything on again and put the too big stuff out in the garage with my other stuff (a fair amount out there now).  

I wear my work jeans as little as possible in the house, I put them on last thing before I leave and take them off first thing when I get home.  The cats like to get in my lap and make biscuits, snagging the fabric in their claws, shed on it, etc.  A pair of jeans, a good pair, runs about $25 or so.  I can't afford to keep doing that so I just don't wear them at home.  During the winter I have my trusty pair of sweat pants (now getting baggy), and in the summer I have my elastic waist cotton knit shorts.  Works for me!  

I woke up with a fairly nasty headache.  #6 is building yet another addition, this looks to be some sort of covered patio right next to my bedroom.  At first I was irked but then I realized 1.  No trampoline next to my bedroom anymore (that got very old) and 2.  No more soccer game off my bedroom wall anymore so I am calling it a win.  I can handle people sitting around and talking next to my bedroom during their parties but the res of it got pretty old.  I have really old siding that just can't handle a lot of abuse so this is, I think, a good thing.  I just have to get through the construction phase... but they didn't start making noise until well after 7 am when I was already up.  

I wish I didn't have this headache but at least I don't have to go to work with it, I can sit around the house in my sweats and a baggy tshirt with no bra, frizzy hair, take it easy, no screaming kids.  That is really a feature of working at Walmart there is always at least one screaming child at any given moment.  That was the really odd thing when they closed the store "for cleaning" around New Years, it was dead silent.  

I guess housework is out for now...I will get it later today or tomorrow.  Odds are I could not get a nap today as they will be working (which is OK as it ultimately makes things quieter for me in the long run).  I was really upset about it when I first saw the work, but it is an appropriate distance from my property.  

Zero lot lines are just a terrible idea.  The idea being the wall of my house is the property line...no space to the side of the house.  It doesn't work..even with the best of neighbors...and I don't have the best!  He is OK but the fact that he could come over to the house multiple times when he wanted something for himself but never came by after he heard Ron died (my aunt told his wife) was kind of damning.  Just to say "I am sorry I heard about your husband".  #2 I didn't expect anything they don't know me.  And in fact I actually told them it was OK now for them to use my street parking as I didn't need it for the wheelchair van.  They have and I am fine with that; the way I see it, it provides security as it looks like someone is always home (they work even odder hours than I do so someone is always home).  It is almost like living in a townhouse but not as bad... almost, though.  But then I remind myself the house, on a nice lot, only cost us $60K when we bought it 20 years ago.  I feel like it was a good deal, it's paid off now I just have to pay property tax and insurance, thank you JESUS!  

I was so worried about that last year, even to the point of deciding which 2 cats would move to an apartment with me as no apartment in Houston would take 5.  I decided to take Baby Girl, as she is not super cuddly with strangers, and was Ron's cat - he would be very upset if I sent her to a shelter.  I also decided to take Cleo as she is somewhat feral and terrified of anyone but me, she would end up in a TNR program out on the streets with a daily feeding, no creature comforts anymore...and she's a cat who loves to sleep in the bed.  So I would have taken them (the other 3 are very friendly and would have gotten homes quick).  But what an awful thing to choose.  Glad I got to keep everyone.  

Head is feeling better.  Lemon pie + Diet Dew + Excedrin are a good headache fix but can make me a little jittery.  Doesn't matter, today.  

One thing I got yesterday, some more #3 pads.  Those are for "bigger" women and do a pretty good job on a basic flow.  I am having erratic cycles so I like to have a pad on board when I may be due.  Like the end of the month.  I may end up wearing it a few days I don't need it but the last thing I need is a heavy flow at work and no supplies...I mean I could go buy them but I would still have to deal with what had already come out.  So better to "waste" a few pads here and there.  It's not like I get a memo these days.  I had spotting, 10 days later more spotting, a couple weeks later a full blown cycle, been about 3 weeks, don't know if I am going to get a full cycle in a week or what.  But happily I have been able to obtain the #3 pads and then I carry a couple tampons in my pocket anyway.  

Eventually it will all be done and I am OK with that.  I have heard it is very hard to lose weight once cycles stop so I am not in a rush.  I would rather lose the weight first (goal is about 170) and then stop.  

Enough about my uterus.  I can smell the litter box, igh.  I am not up to cleaning it, and it isn't that bad... it's just pervasive.  I will clean it as soon as I feel better.  

But I don't plan on doing much today.  

No comments: