Sunday, February 27, 2022

Because Jesus loves me

 Before I write this I need to be clear: I am a miserable, wretched sinner only saved by repentance and faith in Jesus Christ as the Son of God.  I am no one special in the scheme of things, no more or less than any other everyday human being.  

That said Jesus came to atone for my sins and I repented of them (still do, ongoing) and accepted His gift.  And He has done amazing things in my life.  

When Ron died I had $16 in my checking account.  I had no way to pay for his disposal.  I was also fired from the blind vendor program two days after he died as I'm not blind.  

Someone stepped up and paid for Ron's cremation.   

Someone on one of my online message boards started a Go Fund Me which raised over six THOUSAND dollars in a week.  

Someone at work gave me a combined total of a thousand dollars in cash.  

Someone else affiliated with work gave me five hundred dollars in cash.  

A family member sent me a check for two thousand dollars.  

Another family member gave me $1,500.  

I sold the inventory for $800, more than fair.  

The loose change and surplus coinage from the business totaled over a thousand dollars.  

Various friends and family sent me various checks and gift cards.  

Work again gave me over $100 "pass the hat" money right as my cell phone died and I needed to buy a new one.   I found a great basic phone and had some money left over.  

I began applying for jobs, asking God to only open the right door.  Walmart called me with a job offer all I had to do was say yes, I never even had an interview.  They seem to like me.  

I had lost the life insurance papers but a family member was able to track it down and the house was paid off, over $32K.  Now I am only paying utilities, taxes, and insurance.  I got to keep my 5 cats which means the world to me (Houston apartments only allow two cats).  

Various nice people on Next Door took ALL Ron's homecare stuff, a family member took all the clothes and donated them.  

Two family members helped me rip out the carpet in his room.  

A friend of a family member heard about Ron's room (drywall damage due to plumbing work, no carpet, needed paint) and offered to pay for all repairs/upgrades.  The room looks great now.  

My Dad asked me about the last, "why" basically, and I said "Because Jesus loves me".  It is as good an answer as any.  

I do know, as I looked at the dead body of my husband on the floor, I knew without a doubt God would take care of me and He has.  I still have doubts about the future at times but He is good.  



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and powerful testimony