Monday, January 31, 2022

Monday

 My aunt came; we went to Home Depot.  I am a huge fan of Behr Marquee paint.  I found the Fiji chip and sure enough it was just what I wanted.  I asked the nice man for 2 gallons in an eggshell.  He said they didn't have any, I said satin would work (that's what I used in the orange room).  He mixed it up boy it took a lot of dye.  It is a nice rich turquoise.  I also got the gallon each of drywall paint and trim paint.  We went home and put it away; then off to Lumber Liquidators.  

Sadly, the flooring I had used in the 2 rooms was only available through special order and would take a lot longer than I wanted.  So I had to find something else.  I did, eventually, getting this one:  https://www.llflooring.com/p/coreluxe-5mm-w-pad-rivers-edge-oak-waterproof-rigid-vinyl-plank-flooring-5.75-in.-wide-x-48-in.-long-10052765.html

After I bought it, I realized it had a 50 year warranty.  I will be dead by the time that floor wears out!  I also got an install kit and a border piece for between the room and the hall.  They will be shipping that piece to me.  I got the rest in the trunk today.  We came home, I put it up in the garage.  I will put it in Ron's room after I clear it out this weekend so it can adjust.  It needs a couple of days inside before you install it.  So I now have everything required.  That is great.  

It wasn't cheap I am going to have a pathetic bank balance tomorrow but worth it.  I even found a couple extra Satin Nickel beaded outlet covers and pulled the trigger on a switchplate cover ($5).  So it will look nice and match the rest of the house.  

When the work is done I will have the bed, footlocker, small cat tree (about 3 feet high), table, and chair.  I will have curtains (also bought today, along with the rod).  I don't plan to have anything on the floor because cats like to get sick on the rug, if you have one.  All my bedding fits great in the footlocker very nice.  I will get under bed storage for extra candy.  

What do I need to do?  I need to clear the bed out of the room, fold up the frame, put that in the orange room, put mattress either in there or in my room (not sure yet).  Then bring in the flooring that is heavy work but then I am done for the whole house.  Then I just write checks.  

It rained all day but not heavily.  It was nice spending time with my aunt, absolutely great to get all the work done I needed.  I would like to get some new glasses and a hair trim before she leaves town but I think I will be OK now.  I am actually excited to get the room done now.  It will be nice to have the door open.  I plan to put the cat tree in front of the window so they can look out.  It is over by the kitchen table not in use by the cats.  Might as well put it somewhere where it can get some use.  The cats like the tree just not where I had it.  It also saves me buying something.  

I don't believe in hanging onto a lot of stuff (as evidenced by my big cleanout a few years ago) but in this case it paid off.  I have 3 of these things and the cats do like them, they're sturdy, not bad to look at.  They also have nice sisal panels on the side for the cats to scratch up.  I am sure it will be popular in Ron's room.  

I may call it "The Candy Corral" as that's where I'll keep all the candy.  We'll see.  

Oh, and the Naproxen worked.  You can use either Aleve or Advil to slow bleeding, it is proven in clinical studies.  I was changing an ultra tampon every couple hours until I did that.  

The cats are good, that makes me happy.  They had nice clean boxes all day when they got stuck inside due to the rain.  

We ran by a grocery store today and I looked at the pork, that's about the only meat I can afford unless I want to buy offal.  I saw some nice pork neckbones.  I plan to cook them on Thursday night and eat them over the weekend.  That meant I had to find 1.  My crock pot (up on top of the kitchen cabinets) and 2.  Rice pot (out in the garage, on my rack).  So I have them ready to go.  Neckbones are really good with a little rice.  

That said I do note what people eat in the breakroom.  The skinny people eat a ready made salad or something they brought from home.  The larger people either eat takeout or a large bowl of rice with a little meat on top.  So I don't want to do that.  I won't make much rice.  

Once I get everything done on Ron's room I need to rearrange the kitchen.  I have a lot of appliances, electric kettle, coffee pot, blender, rice pot, toaster oven, and crock pot.  And my kitchen is maybe 80 square feet.  I need to either put some away or get rid of the dish drainer and just put a towel down.  I am liking that idea.  That will give me a lot more room.  

I had my phone appointment with Doc.  He was not happy to hear my aunt is moving but understands that's life.  He called in my refills which are ready (let's hear it for the Walmart pharmacy).  I will get them tomorrow.  Like I told my aunt, the nice thing about what I take, no one wants it.  I can have it in my bag in the breakroom with no issues.  

That's it for now, I'm going to bed early.  (((Hugs)))

No comments: