Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Wednesday morning

 Here is a link with the latest on the hurricane:  Weather channel link

Happily it looks to be passing "enough" east of us to avoid all the chaos.  I still had a nightmare about a tree falling on the house.  Ron was a little needy, he wanted juice in the middle of the night which I gave him (he doesn't get enough fluids), then he wanted a snack around 1 AM.  I was OK with that.  

I did almost oversleep Seizure Pill Time because I forgot to turn on my alarm.  Eeek!  I don't worry about the blood pressure or the naproxen you have a window of hours there but not with the seizure pill.  To my understanding, even a little late can precipitate a seizure.  

A friend of a friend had that happen, he was at a small restaurant he really enjoyed when the seizure hit, a grand mal, and the owner said it was "bad spirits" and banned him from the restaurant.  Some cultures really think it is a demon possession issue.  I do not think that is the case with Ron.  It is possible with others but for Ron he got a massive whack on the head.  

When I think about it I am amazed he did not have a skull fracture.  When I said "Temporal lobe damage" to the primary doctor he went "Ah!"  It is that common.  

So I live with it.  It is really not bad at all now, I am just diligent about that pill.  Happily 90% of the time I can go to work after I give Ron his medication.  

So I got him done up and the trash guys, God love 'em, came early and took it all away.  I put the cans in the garage (it is attached and enclosed), along with the yard chairs.  So I am as ready as I can be.  

It is pretty mild out, alternating sun and clouds right now.  None of my neighbors seem to be overly concerned but #8 did start putting on a new roof yesterday.  I don't know if that was previously planned or spur of the moment but cutting it close either way.  

There is a main street in my subdivision and a few weeks ago I noticed one of those "one guy with a truck" contractor guys re roofing someone's house, he took forever.  We had a storm front come through about a week ago and the next day he was out there again, likely fixing leaks.  So the moral of that is hire a decent roofing company.  We have one we used before we bought the house and that has been a good roof.  So would use them again.  It's your roof, you really don't want to mess with that.  Just like you don't want to mess with plumbing.  

I still don't get why ARS came out and told me I did not have a pipe leak when I clearly did, then turned my water ON again and made a point of telling me I would see more water and a bigger stain on the wall before "it got better".  Damned straight.  Roto rooter came right out and fixed it that day, within an hour.  Because of that they got the contract to repipe the house.  

And do the water cleanup.  So it worked out really well for them.  And I gave them a sparkling review on Google.  I tore ARS a new one and I will NEVER call them again.  

Glad I have all new, reliable, plumbing.  

I really did not sleep well last night so I am going to take a nap.  More later.  

No comments: