Saturday, August 15, 2020

I am feeling better today

 Ron has been VERY compliant about taking medication with no complaints, offering to take supplements in addition to (which is a real bonus as I want him getting some magnesium and E).  He doesn't want seizures any more than I do.   

I also plan to call the state library and order some books for him, so he can be informed.  The first thing I do with a diagnosis is go research the hell out of it, that's how I know to go into Doc's office asking for lithium.  He is happy (Ron) to have me take care of him but I think he does need some basics.  Worst case he will send them back without reading.  

But he has been very motivated, good appetite, very appreciative, etc.  I don't think he really took the seizures seriously until they sent him to the ER.  But he is being a good patient now.  I am glad they did do it that way we found out about the blood pressure.  His family does have a history of strokes, probably directly related to blood pressure, so we need to manage both.  

One thing I need to do, looking at his diet Ron eats a lot of salt.  I need to work on that while still keeping everything savory.  I will figure that out.  I don't use a lot of salt in cooking but the premade stuff is LOADED.  Like: a lunchable.  Anyway I will figure it out.  Maybe he will be OK with just medication.  

He liked the sausage so much I cooked more for him.  I am glad to see him eating he has not eaten enough.  And protein foods, etc. can only benefit him.  He is still pretty young (60's).  I just sliced up some link sausage; one thing Houston does well is a link sausage.  I got some Chappel Hill (my father in law loved them) and some HEB specialty blend.  

So I slept great last night, didn't wake up once.  And that informs my mood of course, I am really happy about that.  Cats are good.  Torbie is still a little stiff but terrible about taking medication and won't eat the "good" treats with things like glucosamine or the mussel extract.  

I am glad I got the cooking over with before my shower, I don't like to smell like food all day.  I am still doing intermittent fasting, I will check my weight tomorrow but I will be happy to maintain right now.  Clothes fit, that's what matters.  So that means I eat at 11.  

Hopefully I get my supplements today.  Tracking stuff still says that is on for today.  I got some menopause herbs for me (they do help) and some Vitamin C for Ron.  Have you tried to find Vitamin C at the store, lately?  Impossible.  So I got some for him since I was making a order anyway.  

That's it for now, I will make another post later.  

No comments: