Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Tuesday and most of Wednesday

What a night, Ron was up all night moaning.  I finally got some pain medicine into him and he got hungry, so I had to fix him something once the pain meds had kicked in.  Did not sleep well all night and less patient today as a result.  

I decided to go to Walmart and get a haircut, if possible.  

Ron and I had a spat before I left, but we made up later.  We are both under a lot of stress and neither of us slept well last night.  

I went and found a very depressed-looking hair stylist.  She said she could help me, and did.  I cut off about 6 inches, hair just touches the tops of my shoulders now.  Here is a picture.  I hate posing for selfies and smiling, and the kind of day I had I just went with what felt natural: 


I like it, it is cooler, has more body, and looks overall better.  My hair looks very thin at the top when it is long.  Now it has more fluff.  I am not going to style it so it has to look good out of the shower.  I did buy a bottle of volume shampoo and some "hair" vitamins.  

I was able to get a lot of the stuff Ron has been eating, chicken alfredo, spaghetti and meatballs.  He makes a terrible mess with the meatballs but loves them so.  It results in a lot of stained towels and washcloths, and laundry.  

But I think it is important for him to feed himself if possible.  I have enough on my plate as it is.  

And the spaghetti guck all washed out of the towels very nice: Tide, bleach (I actually read the directions on the jug), and some washing soda fixed them right up.  I did a soak cycle - that was a huge selling point for me with the washer - and then ran a regular "whites" load.  

I won't use washing soda with underwear as it can be very irritating, but it is useful in some applications.  For instance, I just ran a load of Ron's fitted sheet, a couple of my tshirts, some underwear and socks.  I did a Tide Free and Clear pod and 1/4 c baking soda.  I have found the soda gets any lingering odors out of the sheet very well and doesn't irritate his skin or his allergies. 

Remember this is a guy who swears his first seizure was caused by my burning Nag Champa incense in the front of the house.  He is very sensitive to smells but I don't want odors, either.  

Good compromise.  Eventually I will buy the giant baking soda but the 3 pound box is working for now.  You could send me one of those if you want (laugh).  

I also started giving Ron his Advil before bed, that way we both sleep better.  If he is in some pain he can manage a light sleep but makes a lot of noise.  That's no good for me.  

I got up at 4 AM this morning for the soda delivery.  Ron really had good timing on the commode chair, like he did last time (not sarcastic).  So I didn't have to worry about him making the transfer (getting from bed to chair and back) while I was gone.  We handled that, got him cleaned up and flushed before I called my Uber.  I am still logging everything, not surprising I am doing a LOT.   

The cats are good.  Baby Girl begs me for treats every time I go in Ron's room, which is frequently.  When I was a kid my stepmother taught her cat to "sit up" for treats.  Ron finds that abhorrent and I tease him by telling her to sit when I give her treats.  She just looks at me like I'm an idiot but Ron always laughs.  

Torbie is pretty slow but she's very old so I keep an eye on her.  I find it interesting our primary vet, when I could afford her, was so paranoid about the virus and undertook a lot of extreme measures, including closing the clinic for months.  Then she opens it again and gets sick.  While the other clinic down the street stayed open the first time, even let me use their bathroom, and is still open and bugging me to bring Torbie in for vaccines.  

I wash my hands frequently and wear a mask when I'm out, but I'm a woman who eats the cheese stick after the cat has licked it.  I don't worry overmuch about germs.  

Food safety, yes.  I am very careful for that.  But not with groceries, for instance.  I know some people who are disinfecting everything they bring into their houses, one of them wants to buy chickens and disinfect the live chickens somehow before bringing them into her home.  I am with the other guy, who said "Let them run around in the yard for an hour"  And we have been fine.  

I have been a little depressed but not awful.  I will probably eat pretty soon and then take my pills.  Go to bed early.  

I am just debating have I done enough for today, or do I want to go ahead and sweep now so I don't have to do it tomorrow?  

No comments: