Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Wednesday afternoon

 I don't believe in "luck".  Some people will likely say how "lucky" it was the storm is going east, but I don't believe that.  I believe God steered it away from Houston because we have 6 million here and it would have been chaos.  It didn't go to New Orleans, either.  

I do have a headache today.  I took something when I got up this morning, but after my nap it came back so I took more Excedrin (good luck sleeping tonight) and added my Gatorade powder (that is a good basic for anyone to have) to some icy cold tap water I keep in the fridge.  I don't have the "water in the door" I have a very basic fridge but it does the job: keeping things cold, very well.  

Ron had pretty severe knee pain in both knees.  He has arthritis and one doctor described his knees as "very crunchy".  He was pretty bad this morning but the naproxen and the topicals helped.  I got some cream for him, lidocaine cream, and generic Aspercreme.  They were about $4 each and he says they helped "some".  He is sleeping now and he wouldn't be able to if he had severe pain.  

It is just the pressure changes for both of us, they do get us on occasion.  Plus we are both under a lot of stress.  Ron was saying he was disappointed it was going to miss it.  I told him to shut up!  

He ate pretty good today so I was happy, took all his medication. I need to set the alarm for 8 PM.  Did that.  

Now, I have to tell you something adorable.  I never had fears of the dark, monsters under the bed, etc.  I always had very vivid nightmares.  But I do find it startling, every time I go into the bedroom Spotty comes out from under the bed, meowing, to say hello.  If I lie down in bed he joins me for petting.  But he only does it in the bedroom.  The rest of the time it's like I don't exist.  I think it's cute but he startles me every time.  

I did get a decent nap, caffeine intake is not what my doctor suggested but not too bad.  I need to figure out dinner so I can do pill time. 

That's it for now.  

No comments: