Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Most of Wednesday

 I have some questions for the neurologist tomorrow, namely is it OK to give medication early/late and how big a window.  I am endeavoring to do every 12 hours exactly which meant last night I went to bed, set an alarm, got up, dosed him, went back to sleep.  Then things ran late at work doing the repair so he got it a little late.  He seems OK but I need to figure that out.  

Anyway, I got about 5 hours of sleep last night.  Thank God I had already done my shower.  Ron wanted sausage when I got up so I did that.  I got dressed and did my Bible study.  

Off to work, I had a Deaf driver he was very nice.  I got dropped off OK (3 driveways at work and they all look like the right one).  Went in and waited on my delivery.  It came, but an hour late.  I put it immediately into the vending machines but the sodas were HOT which was icky, holding a hot can of soda in my hands.  Not warm, HOT like they had been boiled.  Yuck.  I didn't envy the compressors trying to chill that down!  

And he was able to fix the bottled vendor, we hope, for now.  Jack gave me a ride home, he is HAPPY to take me anywhere, and a lot cheaper than Uber.  He even said he will take the trip to work on Wednesday morning at 5 AM.  Damn.  OK.  He lives right around the corner so it works out for everyone.  

His wife likes me which I think is important, I send her a little gift now and then.  They have been married about as long as Ron and me. 

So I came home, Ron was OK, stuffed that medication into him.  I bought some one ounce bags of pork rinds from the other vendor and gave him some with his pills.  I explained I am trying to get him to eat lower carbs and he understood.  Once he was settled I went straight to bed for a nap.  

I slept pretty well for about 3 hours, got up.  Ron had turned himself around in bed and wanted to stay that way for a while, then, later, called me to help fix him.  I did that.  I made our trips for tomorrow on paratransit.  

I don't know what he wants for dinner, I have roast chicken or split peas, and various other items.  I need to freeze the chicken by tomorrow night if he doesn't eat more.  Figures he doesn't want much the time I buy the large chicken!  BUT he is good about eating it after I freeze it and it is not hard to warm up.  But he doesn't need to eat for hours.  

I will also ask the neuro about lower carb.  I read good things about it and seizures, though.  

I just plan to take it easy the rest of the day, I may not even check the mail.  

No comments: