Thursday, August 6, 2020

Thursday

Well, I did do some cleaning so I could take it easy today.  I woke up a couple times but some of that is menopause and some of it, home care.  I do check in on Ron when I'm awake just to see if he needs anything.  

When I got up for good (around 8) he said he was hungry so I gave him the last of the spaghettios.  I have more cans, this was just a half leftover from yesterday.  Ron makes a horrific mess eating them.  I think, with Spaghettios, I will have to feed him.  He is not good natured about me scrubbing the sauce out of his beard.  

I did my God time, got on the computer, etc.  I decided to make some bacon... and I made a mistake I will reference later.  

So I got the bacon frying the house is full of the smell and I took Ron a slice, he gagged and said he was queasy and the LAST thing he wanted...was bacon.  So now I know I had better check with Ron before cooking aromatic foods.  

I experience a fair amount of nausea due to my medication so I do feel a little bad about that.  I didn't know.  Now, if I knew he was sick and did all that anyway I'd be a bitch.  

I wouldn't like that if I did.  

And YES I absolutely am petty and vile enough to want horrible things for Ron at times, sometimes when he is sleeping during the day I want to wake HIM up... then I remember the ER doctor telling me seizures and sleep deprivation, and I don't.  

He tries, and I see this, to be a good patient, good natured and easygoing, appreciative and thankful.  Sometimes he isn't just like sometimes I am more irritable than I would like.  

So now I have a financial question.  We got a check.  Do I put the whole thing in the bank or half?  That is the question.  If I put the whole thing I can go by myself and do it.  If I put half I have to take Ron as the check is made out to him only.  And we have separate accounts, which is how I want it.  I absolutely DO NOT want him on my account any more than I imagine he wants me on his.  

He did put me on the business (which did wonders for my credit score, seriously), as I couldn't run the business transactions without being on the account.  It was easier to just do that.  

On the one hand I'm thinking the way things are going the banks are next, it is already really hard to just get in the door... take the cash and run.  The other, lazier, part of me says leave it in the account.  It is not SO much money but it would be nice to have on hand.  

But then when we have had easy access to emergency money we were using it for non emergencies... so compelling arguments both ways.  I will pray about it.  

I will say it will be much harder to take Ron to the bank.  

I may play it by ear and see what sort of mood he's in tomorrow.  

Cleo forgave me for the ear drops. I was only able to get one ear but that seemed to be the one bothering her the most.  This is the problem with recycled cats they aren't always open to being medicated.  She was so wild at the vet they didn't even examine her, just put her in a net, pinned her down, shots, and back in the carrier.  I imagine I will be doing that pretty soon this year as well.  I will, if I take her to the spay clinic (already spayed but they do wellness), check in advance if they want a rambunctious cat.  They may not want to do it.  

I would understand.  It was hard enough just attempting the ear drops or the Advantage, but I was able to get the Advantage on.  NEXT time I do Advantage I am going to get the prescription version, that gets ear mites, and pay the extra $40 for the 6 dose pack.  Then I get fleas and ear mites in one shot that she'll allow me to take.  

I want it to be an easy process for her.  She has made great strides but is still a very fearful cat.  She absolutely panicked the other day when I brought in a bag of groceries, panicked and fled.  I was talking to her, telling her "It's OK" but she still became overwhelmed.  It's got to be exhausting for her being on red alert all the time.  I want her to be as comfortable, peaceful, and relaxed as possible.  Visitors never see her as she flees.  

And that's fine with me, Torbie is my socializer.  She loves my uncle in particular; every time he visits (a few times a year) she demands a good 5 minutes from him.  My uncle calls her "him" and "cat" but Torbie doesn't care she is just happy to get new attention and petting.  She is very nice about it and such a sweetie I don't need Cleo for that.  

It is nice to have one "normal" cat.  The problem with rescues, mine at least, most are terrified of strangers.  I have 5 cats, but you will never see them if you come over!  Maybe Torbie if she likes you.  Torbie also liked my friend Eric when he came over, he had cats and dogs and she could tell he was a nice guy.  I wonder if he is still reading, no way to tell since I killed the comments.  

And no regrets on that.  I thought I would "miss it" but I really don't miss the bullying, threats, name calling, and outright stalking.  It's like a relationship you don't realize how bad until it ends.  

I do need to clean the cat hair off the couch.  I have a navy cover on the wood framed loveseat and it picks up a lot of cat hair.  So does my bed.  But the couch is the worst.  That's fine, it's their house too.  I have a lint brush for that.  

Now I am queasy, I may need to take some ginger root.  

No comments: