Monday, August 10, 2020

Monday morning

 I have to be careful what I write sometimes as it could come back to me.  So I will be careful with the following: 

If I get a package from FEDEX I get great tracking on it.  If I get a package from UPS I also get great tracking.  USPS?  Not so great.  All I know my package left Seattle sometime on Thursday.  Am I getting it today?  God knows.  

I will say I know management is always yelling at the staff to scan everything, and they have a whole scanning station, etc.  From what I have seen they take scanning very seriously.  So I'm not sure what the problem is.  Maybe they are just that much bigger?  

But it is a turnoff when ordering certain items.  And I am sorry to say it because I should love everything USPS.  But I can't love the tracking.  

I decided to combine my errands tomorrow.  That will save us some money.  The way things are going it will not take me long to stock.  

I will spare you more anxiety about money, it is either there or not.  I will be happy if I can pay Dad, home owner's association, electric bill, and have $50 for groceries.  

Poor Eminem.  He really had some issues with his mother.  I can relate somewhat, no one ever told me they wished I was dead (not a parent at any rate).  He just came up on my playlist.  

Ron said he wanted some split peas later so I took them out of the freezer to thaw in the fridge.  It will be messy but he does love them.  

He was quiet enough I got some sleep last night, slept in until 8.  The cats are good, Torbie slept in my bed last night and took up most of it.  I was very careful not to disturb her.  This morning she is sleeping with Ron.  Baby Girl stole a piece of Ron's (cooked) bacon last night and ran off with it, ate about half of it and left the rest for the "kittens".  I never figured Baby Girl or the kittens for bacon lovers.  They didn't eat much so I am not worried.  I will have to see if they make a bacon lover temptations.  

I finally slogged my way thought all the iron supplements.  It should be a lot easier taking my pills in the morning.  At SOME point I need to get my blood work done.  Let me see how much that will cost.  About $200 for everything not counting cab fare.  I can't do it this week but I can do it eventually.  It just needs to happen this year.  

It appears Temptations may make a bacon flavored treat for cats.  And, they don't.  Oh, well.  

And I got Ron to move over in bed, lately he is lying in bed with his head/body right next to the edge.  I was worried (not much) he might fall.  At the very least all that blood to his head can't be a good thing. 

He keeps bugging me wanting me to check out websites he hears about in the commercials, like a BBQ place.  One HOW CAN WE AFFORD BBQ?   I am worried about making the electric bill and I'm not taking money out of SAVINGS to buy BBQ.  I also don't want their cookies infesting my hard drive, and any good BBQ place doesn't need any advertising - word of mouth does it all.  There is a good place nearby, the place online is probably like the Brisket House absolutely terrible, overpriced, bbq in a fancy location and high prices, but no flavor.  

He is just bored and doesn't understand if you go to a bunch of commercial web sites, yes, they all SOUND good, they pay money for that, but a good Google review is a lot better.  They also do cookies, notifications, etc.  I would look up google reviews but he hears these ads on the talk radio station and thinks "Oh, this is great, check it out".  He doesn't understand these are commercial websites they aren't going to "give" you anything.

But he doesn't want to get online.  He just wants me to do it.  No thanks.  

Although my Dad did make a good point, being in Corona virus lockdown is a lot like solitary confinement when you are in jail.  It is important to have social contact.  He is happy we have each other but feels we (Ron and I) need "more".  He is likely right.   

It explains some of my restlessness, too.  Don't forget I need money to get out and I don't have much right now.  I have been saving what we made last week for an inventory supply run tomorrow.  I have money allocated for work transportation but not really for personal.  Not now.  

I spent what I did have, it's just been a lot of expenses lately.  I had to buy medication, pay the credit card as a result of that, homeowner's (almost done with that), water bill, etc.  The bills themselves are not excessive but just compiled it is a bit much.  

God has me on this, it is just a lot on my plate.  It has been a hell of a year.  

Edit: I tried to take a nap but couldn't, laid in bed petting Cleo (who joined me), she licked my arm for a while.  She has really made amazing progress from last year.  Ron woke up so I went ahead and got dressed.  

No comments: