Monday, August 17, 2020

Tomorrow has got to be better

 So Ron kept me up half the night moaning.  I am giving him pain pills before I go to bed tonight.  

We had a cold front come through and a heavy thunderstorm.  That woke me up, too.  

I got up, took care of Ron, and headed off to work.  When I got there I was accosted by a very RUDE man who said I owed him a dollar.  He explained he had put two, 50 cent, pieces into the vending machine and "it didn't work".  He also said something about "not being able to get them back" which I later realized meant he was the one who had destroyed the vending machine.  

The oversized coins caused a coin jam, which meant everyone after this guy lost their money as well because the overly large coins were blocking the entrance to the coin mechanism.  Someone (likely him as he said he "tried to get it back") beat the machine and pried on it with tools which broke internal, plastic, parts.  I doubt the machine can be salvaged.  They seem to destroy a snack machine every 5 years or so.  So now I am down a vending machine when I really don't have any to spare.  

I was, as you can expect, FURIOUS about this and am considering reporting it to the postal inspectors, to me vandalism causing thousands of dollars of damage is worth reporting.  But it may be too late this happened Saturday according to the complainer.  I don't think they keep the video footage that long.  

I did what I could, did the inventory, etc. took money out and counted it.  I called Jack (who had given me a ride to work) and we went to the bank, which was closed.  We went to another branch Google had as "open" (Google had the first one listed as "open" as well).  It was closed to walk ins and I could not do my transactions via drive through.  

We went to a third facility.  I had to make the deposits and get my pay so I can pay my Dad back and other debts.  I waited a very long time in line, only to be told the "system is down" and would not be up again that day.  I went out to the truck, told Jack, and said "Let's just go to Walmart".  

I had to pay the electric bill at least as it is due today.  We saw another branch for this bank near the Walmart.  This is a bank you know.  It seemed busy.  

Jack encouraged me to go in and "try".  I did and managed to finally complete my transactions.  I then went to MY bank and made my deposit so I can cover my expenses.  So 5 banks total today.  Then Walmart.  

Jack, God love him forever, said he would wait.  So I ran in there and did my business quickly.  I did not see a blood pressure cuff I liked for Ron, Ron had specifically requested one for the wrist and the wrist ones were overpriced.  I will buy one off Amazon.  I have enough to cover it.  

I came home, Ron was asleep.  He woke up after a while and ate some chicken, asked for more, ate that.  He went back to sleep.  That's good as he didn't get any sleep last night.  

I laid down for a nap and had 3 cats in the bed with me, that was very nice.  They could tell I had a tough day and were very loving.  

Tomorrow has got to be better; we will see.  I plan to stay home and order some pizza with my gift card.  

I meet the repairman Wednesday when I get the soda delivery and then he can tell me if we can save the machine.  I don't think we can as an internal part, that's plastic, is split in half.  They don't make the parts for this any more as it is a "very" (as vending machines go) old machine.  

That means I have to file for a new machine from the state and swap out the destroyed machine for a new one.  That will be a matter of weeks of me not making any money because some MORON stuck a 50 cent piece in my machine.  And then decided he had enough "grievances" in his life to destroy a perfectly good machine because he was too lazy/stupid to call the number on the machine for a refund.  

Ugh.  

No comments: