Sunday, August 9, 2020

Most of Sunday

 It is interesting keeping a food log for Ron.  Today he ate Cheetos for the first time in a while, and took his multi vitamin with it.  He is happy in bed with his radio.  

I am more restless, a little depressed, feeling caged and isolated.  I will run an errand tomorrow and work Tuesday but that's it for me getting out of the house until I get paid, and God knows how we will do that.  Pay me, I mean.  We had a little last week but sales were pitiful when I went in, and I can't make money without sales.  

We will figure it out, in the meantime I at least have food and cat food, and we can pay the utilities.  We may have to take Dad's money out of savings which I would rather not do but I'm paying him.  I may only garner enough to pay him but it's happening.  

I have stockpiled a little cat food depending on income, I can still feed them the good stuff.  When I have a cat on a special diet it is NOT optional to just "Oh, well, I'll get a 40 pound bag of Special Kitty (Walmart generic brand) and feed them that" I have to feed what has worked for him.  It is only about $15 a week for the whole gang so I should be able to swing that.  

Soda?  Well I have my caffeine tablets for a time like this, and I did get a good amount with my last delivery.  I can live without soda.  And I have plenty of beans, rice, some seasonings, chopped ham, and vegetables.  Ron had me buy a lot of hard boiled eggs.  And I have tuna.  I can think of a lot I can do with that.  

I did have a piece of pizza left in the freezer, I will have that for dinner.  

Oh, it was so cute last night.  I am very strict with Biscuit on his diet save one thing; he has a passion for milk.  He will mew pitifully when he sees me with the gallon in my hand.  Last night I poured a glass for myself and poured a little in one of his plates, much to his joy, and put it down for him.  I only let him have a teaspoon or so a few times a month.  

That is one thing on a budget, here in Houston that gallon of whole milk is about $2.  And has a lot of protein.  128 grams for the whole carton.  You can't beat that so I got one on my last delivery.  I will certainly get another one when I go in to pay the electric bill.  

I can do milk, Ron has issues but I am fine with it and can drink a gallon by the expiration.  With Biscuit's help of course.  

Now someone may be thinking "Heather if finances are really that bad you can get assistance" I am very proud and not starving.  So I will forge ahead.  

Oh, I saw something really funny, it has bad language so feel free to scroll if you might be offended.  And remember I cannot own a gun, legally.  I don't have guns but I completely support the second amendment.  Every "crazy" person who got a gun and shot someone did so illegally so changing the laws wouldn't have helped in those cases.  

That said, here it is.  I would have put it on one of the message boards but it has a bad word.  

It just makes me laugh because if a cat could own a gun they absolutely WOULD.  

I will just have to wait and see how business went, when I go in to work.  Maybe we did better than I thought.  I don't know HOW but God "slew" hundreds of thousands of enemies right outside the gates of Jerusalem, overnight, back in the Old Testament.  He can certainly give me a boost.  I will see.  

It's not like I have this expense I have to pay that I can't.  I have the cell phone on the 26th but that is only $35 and we will absolutely have that.  I will have to be creative.  

Ron's credit card is paid off, mine is paid for the month and only has a $100 balance besides, I just have my cell phone at the end of the month.  

We will get it.  But that's one reason I blog, to sort my thoughts.  Having a journal in the house I grew up?  I found it helpful but they tended to "walk off" and one time pages were torn out and I was threatened with their publication.  On my own now, with a computer to handle the torrent of thoughts, I have over 3 thousand posts.  It is useful and has saved me a lot emotionally.  

No wonder I am battling depression.  NAUSEA has been really bad the last couple days, too.  Maybe I need to drink one of the Cokes I keep in the fridge for Ron/guests.  Or an antacid.  

I'm going to try the antacid Ron doesn't like the white ones.  Ugh I can see why.  I already had a couple chewable nausea things.  Sometimes my stomach is more irritated.  

I got a little spooked by the women in my menopause group talking about extreme blood loss, etc.  So I added a large dose iron pill to my every day supplements for a few weeks.  The plan was only a few weeks as my blood loss is NOT excessive compared to my earlier years.  Back then I was so anemic I had blue lips I remember the neighbor girls wanted to try my lipstick.  

But I am a lot better now and not dependent on others to care for my health.  And I did research in health and nutrition so I understand.  

BUT the iron pill is very irritating to my stomach so I didn't put any more when I did up more pills a few days ago.  

I was always interested in health and I think that has served Ron very well.  Kept him out of the hospital a few times.  

Oh, this morning he said I had to tell you how much he loves the urinals.  Before we had a 2 quart juice bottle.  Not a large opening for him.  He was missing a lot which eventually led to the whole APS drama.  By the way, the social worker was utterly disgusted with the report.  Called it "very odd".  

Anyway we did agree we needed something else.  He said he needed, and I quote "Something with a bigger opening".  I remembered the trusty Ziploc Twist and Locs I got for leftovers.  I gave him one, it holds about a quart.  It worked very well, so I gave him all of them.  He loves them and has very few problems these days.  Glad I did it.  

Sometimes there really is an easy fix.  

I think I am going to do grilled cheese for dinner.  

No comments: