Friday, August 14, 2020

Friday morning

 I can't stand people who talk about PTSD they have it from not being picked first in gym class in the 3rd grade, or they "milk" it to get more attention...  

But I do have it and having a MAJOR flare right now.  Can you say "Hyper vigilance?"   Reliving the event, etc.  I am already on medication this is just going to take a little time.  Ugh.  Also have "reliving the event".  I can't really avoid Ron.  Disrupted sleep and flashbacks, yes.  

He gets some of this and has been really good about taking the medication.  And has tolerated it well.  But I woke up 2 times last night, once to help him another time I thought he was having a seizure.  And once this morning he was just making noise but it sounded like he was about to "go".  I remind myself this is going to wind down, it will just take a while.  

In the meantime I am doing the everyday things, helping Ron, changing the sheets, laundry, etc.  If I just sit around wringing my hands it won't be good.  

Needless to say I have been practicing my faith on a regular basis.  Every day I do my prayer and Bible study.  Yesterday I did the prayer part after we got home but I did get it.  I had done the Bible study first in the morning.  I figured it was more important to hear what God was saying.  

And I am TIRED I think I will take an early nap once this load of clothes is done.  I washed all my clothes after going out yesterday and I had some already.  

I am happy to see Ron has been sleeping well since he started on the medication.  His blood pressure in the hospital was about 200/125 so we had to get that down, not to mention stopping the seizures.  

And there's my washer.  

No comments: