Tuesday, September 11, 2018

One trip to Walmart a week

Got to sleep late last night.  I forgot to mention I keep waking up at night, it's not Ron, or anything external, I just wake up a couple of times.  I didn't have a cat to sleep with, so maybe that's it.  Years ago, from 2008-2014, I had to deal with #6 and their diapers.  Every time they changed a baby's diaper (and they had a lot of babies at the time), a couple times a night, they would go outside and throw it in the trash can, waking me up as they slammed the front door and garbage can lid.  With the last baby, they must have gotten a diaper genie because they stopped doing it. 

Woke up around 7, with a headache.  I took something and tried to lay down again, but the caffeine in the headache pills wouldn't let me.  So I got up and fed Biscuit. 

It took a while for the headache to fade.  We were supposed to have torrential rain this morning but apparently not.  It is almost 11 am and not a drop. 

It will probably rain when I go to Walmart. 

I heard Ron awake so I reminded him we needed to do the report.  We worked on the accounting for a while.  I help him, he does all the books, I'm basically just the reader/data entry. 

We did that, he was in a  pretty good mood, but after he turned nasty and wanted to cancel our trip to Walmart.  I didn't tell him, but there is a storm in the Gulf right now.  It may head towards us.  It is only prudent to get a few supplies. .

Plus, I need more groceries and supplies, anyway.  He got ugly and I told him "I need one trip to Walmart a week."  He said he could do that.  For those who think I "abuse" the system by "making" Ron take me, I need to, for instance, get garbage bags and cat litter for our cats, plus food he will eat, etc.  He benefits as much as I do. 

So now I'm off to take a shower and do my God Time.  I may take Ron up on his offer of a cab, but I feel like I don't ask him for much, and I'd like his company on my trip. 

I will have to think about it.  I don't wan't Mr Pissy on my outing (that would have been a good blog title), but I don't want the unreliability of depending on strangers for my rides. 

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Heather, my previous comment about your use of paratransit came off as overly harsh, and I apologize for that & have deleted it. I want to make it clear that I was NOT accusing you of abusing the system. I think it is perfectly fine that you ride with Ron and use it as a rider. Furthermore, I would have no problem with you using it as a rider yourself (I wish you had qualified when you applied).

What I was frustrated with is your judgmental attitude towards other riders. You said about the son who was riding with his mother (as you do with Ron) "he was old enough to drive, and able to." Why do you assume he was able to drive? He could easily have an invisible disability that prevents him from driving, just as you do. Perhaps he even has fetal alcohol spectrum disorder, just like you, and is riding as his mother's caretaker, just as you ride with Ron.

I have seen you make similar comments about other clients and their caretakers, and it just seems hypocritical. Doesn't the bible say "judge not, lest you be judged"?

Heather Knits said...

I see a lot of people abusing the system. I see that a lot. I think the most striking was the woman who pulled her heavy handcart out of the cab, and last I saw her, was 2 miles up the freeway walking strongly. Compare that with someone like Ron who can stand up for a minute, tops.

When I see those with no apparent disability, or simply obese and no other physical problem, I get frustrated. I share that. The system is already overwhelmed and needs reform.