Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Get a job!

I had trouble sleeping last night.  At one point I woke up to use the bathroom and Ron was on the toilet.  I had to wait for him to finish and get back to bed. 

Might I say how glad I am he can use the toilet on his own? 

I went back to bed.  I had set an alarm for 7:30 but I woke up a little before 6.  Biscuit was around, so I went ahead and fed him, went back to bed, and turned off my alarm.  I actually slept pretty well the next couple of hours. 

I got up around 10, took a shower, did my God Time.  Listened to Ron scream at the doctor's staff, on the phone, about the mistake made when filing his prescription.  What a thankless job they have.  It took a while but it is supposedly fixed by now.  I wasn't pleased with Ron but there was no reasoning with him. 

Then we got some dinner, which was pretty uneventful.  I ordered the chicken strips and put the leftovers into Ron's takeout box.  He enjoys eating them cold; I don't.  So he can have them. 

After we paid and left, a very aggressive panhandler came up to me.  I told him I "couldn't" help him but he wouldn't take a hint, he kept pestering me.  Ron finally shouted at him "I'M BLIND AND IN A WHEELCHAIR AND I WORK!  GET A JOB!"  The man finally left me alone. 

Had he kept bothering me, I would have called the police.  The last thing a diner at a restaurant wants is some "bum" hassling them for drug money.  And, guaranteed, the money would have gone up his nose or into his arm.  He was very aggressive.  I haven't seen that since Ron worked in the Tenderloin District of San Francisco.  A lot of people think SF is glowing Golden Gates, Nob Hill, and Chinatown, but it is overwhelmingly a horde of demanding, aggressive, panhandlers.  At least that was my experience.  All the bus routes ran through the "bad" part of town so I spent a lot of time deflecting beggars, while waiting on my ride. 

I didn't miss them one bit.  I hope this is not a harbinger of future nights out with Ron.  Because Ron will curse them out and tell them to get a job, which is liable to get him beaten and robbed. 

Our ride arrived.  It was the same guy who dropped us off. 

Now, a while back I read that voter's information had been exposed on the internet, their views, phone numbers, addresses, likely affiliation, etc.  I didn't believe it but one political candidate has been pestering me and Ron. 

I just let unknown calls go to voicemail so they aren't talking to me.  Tonight, on the way home, they called Ron's phone and asked to speak to me.  He asked if they were with that candidate.  They said yes.  I said, tell them I'm voting for the other guy.  Ron relayed it and hung up. 

The driver got mildly upset.  He felt I should vote for the pest.  The pest does not hold my political views.  The other guy does.  I'm going to vote my conscience.  I didn't get into all that and the driver eventually changed the subject. 

We had a straight trip home.  Ron had an allergy attack at the restaurant and had to take a Benadryl, so he was very sleepy by the time we got home.  I got him into bed with his talking book so he has something to read when he gets up. 

We don't have much planned tomorrow; Ron needs to go to the pharmacy to pick up his pills so we will do that.  We also have to go to bed early, Dr Pepper changed our delivery date to Thursdays instead of Fridays.  That isn't a problem for us, but it was for the other vendor.  They asked for, and apparently got, Mondays, although they were still waiting for it when we left on Monday. 

So, get the pills, go to bed early. 

Friday I go out to dinner to celebrate my birthday/anniversary.  That will be fun.  I have the whole day and I won't have to do any caregiving.  I may get my hair trimmed in the morning. 

Saturday I have to work.  That's OK, I'd rather get all the work over with one day than spread it out over days. 

Biscuit is lying by my foot.  It is, apparently, dinner time.  He wants his 3 ounce can of "salmon".  I'd better go dish it up for him. 

No comments: