Saturday, September 22, 2018

Sept 22

I got up at 6 (I slept in) and took my shower, fed the cats, got Ron going.  We went to the warehouse.  They had little cookies at the kiosk, I got him one, and then, later, another. 

I did my shopping.  I had 2 lists.  I got the work stuff, and the Now & Laters for personal (Halloween candy handout, they will go in a baggie with other candy, a scripture booklet, and a full sized Snickers bar).  I have plenty of candy for my personal evangelism. 

We paid and went to work with Jack.  Next week, it's a new guy.  We will see how he works out. 

The skies were heavily overcast, a deep gray to black.  I thought for sure we would be unloading the truck in the rain, but it dissipated.  That's the kind of thing I thank God for, because I feel He made a personal intervention. 

We got the truck unloaded.  We had a small accident getting some of the drinks in the building, but we cleaned it up and nothing leaked, all are in resale condition.  I had to put a lot of drinks into the fridge, which I did. 

I had taped up Ron with his magnets at the warehouse, and he really tested them today at work.  He did a lot of lifting, wouldn't let me help him, etc.  I kept thinking Doc would have a fit if he saw what Ron was doing. 

We stocked and got it all done, left.  Our ride to go home was late.  I did manage to get a short nap, though. 

I got up and took some Excedrin, had a headache lurking.  I bagged up some candy and put it in the back of Ron's wheelchair. 

Overall, Ron was very nice to me today. 

We waited on our ride to go to Denny's.  I wanted to go because they have a free meal on your birthday.  Our driver was late and stopped in front of the house.  I got Ron into the garage and opened the door, and the ride was gone.  It was raining.  I walked out to the street - I knew he had to be for us.  I saw him halfway down the block.  I walked through the rain to talk to him and tell him he was at the wrong house.  He saw me coming and pulled away, then stopped.  I kept walking.  He did it again.  And I realized he was playing games and wanted me to "chase" him. 

I went back to the house and told Ron to call dispatch, the driver was playing games.  We have had, in thousands of rides, maybe 5 that have gotten the address wrong, didn't look at the computer or whatever.  Some go on the wrong street, right address.  But very seldom do they come on our street and go to the wrong address.  And he was blocking their driveway, honking, etc. in front of the wrong house.  Very rude. 

He came back pretty quick when he saw Ron had a phone to his ear, and loaded us.  I gave him some candy anyway.  Not because he deserved it, but he clearly needed Jesus in his life and maybe this was the way he'd get it. 

He took us to the restaurant, listened to directions.  We got there. 

I showed the waitress my ID card and told her it was my birthday.  She said OK.  They were out of Diet Coke.  Ron was disgusted.  He drank a water, instead.  I noticed he drank more water than he would have if he had been drinking diet soda. 

He had a short stack of 9-grain pancakes.  I had my own 9-grain pancakes, ham, sausage, and bacon.  I had unsweetened iced tea, it was very good. 

It was pretty quiet.  I have noticed that toddlers/babies tend to get very loud right before the food comes out, when they're hungry.  Once they have some food they are generally fine. 

I ate my food, couldn't finish my pancakes, didn't bring them home.  Like I told Ron, "Let whatever lives in the dumpster finish them off".  Maybe even a possum! 

Our total came to $7.  Pretty good deal. 

We had a good ride home except for the driver interrogating Ron about why he was back in the wheelchair.  I always find that very painful to be reminded how much he's deteriorated.  It's like someone telling you how terrible/old you look.  Although it was a straight trip home. 

I called my parents, they sang to me, we talked.  They are happy to hear the magnets are helping.  Even Ron says the magnets are helping, he just doesn't like me taking the tape off.  I fed the cats and put my dirty clothes in the wash.  Well, in the pile to be washed. 

And that was it!  Thank you for the good wishes.  Tomorrow's my anniversary.  Hopefully we will not spend it in the emergency room, like we did a couple of years ago. 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The skies were heavily overcast, a deep gray to black. I thought for sure we would be unloading the truck in the rain, but it dissipated. That's the kind of thing I thank God for, because I feel He made a personal intervention."

So god will intervene with the weather but not when ron is verbally abusing you or practically drinking himself to death. God did nothing to make the rain go away. Sometimes it looks like it is going to rain and then guess what is doesn't. If this is what god spends his time doing it is no wonder there are so many bad things going on in this world.

Heather Knits said...

I like to think He did. It really would have sucked to unload all the merchandise in the rain. For both of us (the driver and me).

Ron's behavior is free will - God has a pretty long leash on that. But, sometimes, He intervenes with the weather. Most would call it "lucky" but I give Him credit. Look at Florence dropping so far on the hurricane scale before it hit. If it had hit at a 4/5 it would have been far worse.

Anonymous said...

Tell that to the people of Lumberton, NC and surrounding areas that lost their homes, etc because of Florence and the thousands of pigs and chickens that drowned. Honestly it is statements like your comment that really show the selfcenteredness of human beings in general. Free will is B.S. and so is god intervening with the weather so you could unload your merchandise. When the day comes that it is raining while you unload merchandise tell me then that god took the day off.

Heather Knits said...

Point being, thousands of (abandoned) animals died, instead of thousands of humans. If it rains one day when we are unloading well it happened. I think you'll find Harvey (Houston) was a lot worse than anything that happened in NC. God allowed both. And it's a really simple answer: DON'T LIVE IN HURRICANE COUNTRY. I know it is "pretty" "nice beaches" "mild winters" but if you take that you also have to accept the hurricanes and flooding. Live inland, on a mountain, and I guarantee things will be a lot easier. But people want to have their cake and eat it too, neglect to get flood insurance, and then expect the taxpayers to bail them out (We have flood insurance and standard homeowners).

Anonymous said...

Well aren't you just special and still missing the point. You are thanking god for supposedly moving the storm away from Houston BUT completely missing the point about where the storm actually hit. God doesn't create the weather nor allow it to hit or miss anywhere on the planet.

Rude statement about people not living in hurricane country. What about tornado country and earthquake country, etc? Maybe everyone should just be piled up on top of one another in one state and leave the rest of the country uninhabited.

Well bully for you that you have standard and flood insurance. Just remember to thank god for insurance companies when they deny your claim because they consider said natural disaster to be an act of god.

Anonymous said...

For those who made negative comments about GOD I would love to know what GOD did or didn't do too them to make them feel as they do.

Heather Knits said...

I'll say it again, if you live where it floods, you should have flood insurance. Personally I think EVERYONE in the US, with a mortgage, should have to have it, just like they have standard insurance. That will take a lot of burden off the tax payers. It pisses me off to no end that I pay thousands a year and then it goes to people who were too cheap and lazy to pay.

You must not have watched the news last year - Harvey didn't just hit Houston, it sat on top of us for days, dumping 51 inches of rain. Places that never flooded, did. But Houston is on the coast and everyone should have had flood insurance. People who had flood insurance got a check, btw.

The obvious answer about those in fire/tornado prone areas - they already have the relevant insurance. But I think they should make them get flood insurance, too, because everything is flooding these days.

Anonymous said...

God doesn't DO anything. That is the point. Heather was thanking god for keeping the rain away and the hurricane. I made the point he didn't help North Carolina.

Heather Knits said...

God DID help NC. The storm came in at a 1-2 instead of a 5+. If you think it was bad, it could have been far worse.

Anonymous said...

You are just an idiot.

Anonymous said...

Google the 1991 perfect storm.
God can and does use storms for his own purposes.

Anonymous said...

Regarding the perfect storm you will find evidence when America is pressuring Israel bad things happen
This is the same GOO who caused the biblical flood.
It's better to worship him with fear and trembling instead of mocking