Thursday, September 13, 2018

Thank God no tropical thing headed my way

Well, good news.  The tropical thing shifted south, to a drought stricken area that needs the rain.  Good.  We will maybe get a few inches of rain in the next couple of days but that's it. 

I slept in today.  I didn't sleep well last night, kept waking up.  That is getting old.  And then I remind myself, I'm under a lot of stress. 

Even better news, Ron found the legs to his wheelchair, behind his bed.  I put them in a safe place I can access.  If he is having a [cough] "Bad Day" I can put the legs on. 

So I slept badly, got up around 7, reset the alarm for 8, pickup at 9.  The driver laughed when he saw us.  He was the driver who came that day Ron was too drunk to get dressed, and I had to tell him to go.  He was happy to finally meet Ron.  We had a long ride, though, over an hour.  We dropped off slow people at their workshop.  We picked up a smoker at the grocery store.  He reeked of smoke, if I hadn't already taken something for my headache I would have needed to, after riding with him.  We dropped him off at home.  Then we went to work. 

Ron hadn't give us enough time, so we had conflict between helping him and doing my other work.  He told me he will plan our trips for longer, now, so that doesn't happen again.  He was pretty nasty to me during, but got nice again after we finished. 

We came home, it was pretty late for us.  I tried to take a nap but Ron didn't turn off his phone.  He gave his number to a woman who swore "her husband" could help us with supply runs.  She has since handed out Ron's phone number to any number of random, unsuitable, people.  None of them being her husband. 

I got up and we went to dinner.  I got chicken tenders, Ron got steak.  He had me cut his food in half and put it in a takeout container.  He only ate about 1/4 of his steak (10 ounces) and then had me put the other 1/4 in with the 1/2 I had already done.  I couldn't finish my food so I put my leftovers in with Ron's food.  I didn't want reheated chicken tenders but Ron isn't picky. 

We had a good meal but Ron had to adjust the pickup.  We came home, I have about 10 minutes before I need to go to bed.  I got Ron's dirty clothes and pretreated them, found some money in a pocket, and gave it back to him.  I finished drying one load and hung it all up. 

I took Ron's wheelchair legs and found a good home for them near the kitty condo in the front of the house.  Hopefully I won't need to use them. 

I had a lot of caffeine today, two doses of Excedrin and the soda I had with dinner.  We get up early tomorrow but should finish early. 

We were forecast to have torrential rain the next couple days, but that has been amended to 1-2 inches over the next couple days.  Much better. 

I'm tired. 

No comments: