Saturday, September 8, 2018

Pan bread's worth the cheat

Long day today.  First of all, I got up at 6 AM on a Saturday and went to work.  We got our supplies at the warehouse (no lemon cake for Ron this time, just some icky little cinnamon rolls).  I bought us each a sausage. 

Jack came and we went to work.  I put away a fridge's worth of drinks, quite a few cases.  Thank God I have a strong back to do it.  If I go down the business goes with me and so does our whole lifestyle, one reason I am doing keto now. 

I helped Ron (since all the drinks were warm nothing to stock) and did my work (took longer).  Eventually we finished up and left. 

I should have named my blog "Heather Vends".  Anyway, we came home. 

And Pete called, he was on his way.  Ron cancelled our afternoon plans and he came by.  At first, all the cats fled in terror, but by the time he left Torbie had gotten in his lap, and Baby Girl was letting him pet her.  Biscuit was peeping down the hallway but didn't get close. 

We hung out at the house for a while, then went out for dinner.  We got Indian food.  Pete was very happy with the cuisine.  Good.  I was happy to see them enjoying their meals. 

I was bad, I ate some pan bread, but pan bread is worth the cheat.  I only ate one round, though.  I usually eat two. 

We hung out at the restaurant for a while and then came home, Ron wanted to watch the baseball game.  Ron has gotten back into baseball lately and I find that encouraging.  He needs to have some interests.  The radio/TV programs are well narrated so he can follow the action.  So we all watched several innings of the game (Houston won). 

Pete was very nice about my messy house, unacceptable bathroom, cat hair all over the floor, etc.  He acted as though I had a perfect home.  One reason I like him so much. 

Eventually Pete left and I started a load of laundry.  After I get it in the dryer, I will go to bed. 

Ron and I made a mutual decision to go to work tomorrow, to stock the drinks.  He proposed it and I backed him.  That's the man I love - a hard working businessman.  I don't care if he makes a lot of money (we always have enough).  Willing to work on his day off to make the customers happy and get some better sales. 

Ron also (I believe in giving him equal press, good or bad) fixed the garbage disposal again.  It is very old and gets stuck, and water backs up.  He gets a wooden dowel and gets in there with his good arm until it works.  After he fixed it, I did the dishes. 

He curses a lot when he works, and struggles a lot, so I asked him if he wanted to buy a new garbage disposal.  He said no.  I asked if he liked fighting with it.  He said yes.  So we'll keep it.  I will run it every day, though.  Normally I don't run it very often because I don't put food down the drain. 

I gave Ron a little bite of the ranch steak (he was pretty full from the Indian food) and he liked it.  Good to know he is still a fan of my cooking. 

That's it for today. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you actually do any knitting?

Heather Knits said...

Not these days. Brain fog and the cats attack it. I never thought I could learn to knit. Learning to do so, even working up some lace patterns, after I had started my medication, was huge. I wanted to tell the world, and, at the time, figured that was The Best title for my blog. That was 11 years ago.

If I redid it together I would probably call it Heather Vends. But, it is what it is. I get a pretty good amount of hits anyway.

There is another Heather out there with a knitting blog, if you're interested.