Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Just one saltine

4 days without my meds.  Still queasy, I can barely hold down some broth.

I'm getting manic.  It isn't too bad - yet, but I need to whack it.   That means eating, and medication, but I am still queasy.

I can't take the chance of vomiting again, for one, it can retrigger a migraine.  It's happened before.  I need to be able to work, the next couple days. 

I need to eat, but I can't rush this.  I took a calculated risk, taking the Excedrin earlier, but I couldn't chance another migraine.  So my irritated stomach needs some more time to recover. 

I keep thinking, try just one saltine, but I don't dare.  I am iffy enough with the beef broth.  I don't even want to drink anything, I don't dare eat anything. 

I will just have to wait, which is OK.  I'm not hungry - that's how I know it will be safe to eat - I'll get hungry.  That has worked for me for 44 years.  It's the food-pushers, like Ron used to be, who cause problems.  They tell me to eat before I'm ready and I get sick again. 

And I can't have that. 

2 comments:

Spankadoo said...

Ginger does not work for you ? I can not remember if you have used it or not? I keep candy ginger around for nausea and it works like a dream for me. Hopefully this is the last day this has been a long stretch for you and I am so sorry!

Heather Knits said...

I thought I had some honey ginger crystals (sold at Asian import store). Turns out I have the Chrysanthemum (I think I spelled it OK?) ones. Good for colds, not good for stomach upset.

Still no appetite so I am waiting on eating. I am only down 5 pounds and I have plenty to spare. I feel good otherwise except for being tired so I will stick with what works.