Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Slushy washcloth

Last night was pretty rough.  At one point, I got desperate.  

I was lying in bed, a horrible drilling pain in my right temple.  It was awful.  I was desperate to end it.  I got up, wet a washcloth, and put it in the freezer.  

I manage to drowse off for a while, woke up, still in agony.  I got the washcloth out of the freezer - it was stiff with ice, and put it on my head.  It was good, but it got really great when it thawed a little more and got slushy, that was perfect.  

My sister always said heat was the only way to go.  I would never try that.  Ugh.  Just the thought of something warm on my head during a migraine is enough to make me reach for my bucket.  

So, that helped.  I had Biscuit in there, too.  He was cute, plump, and rumbly.  Boy, my spellling is terrible today.  

My hair is a nest, when I get some energy I will take a shower.  

I woke up about 7 this morning, I didn't have any pain, but I am very queasy and groggy.  All I've had for the last couple days are gatorade, water, and more water.  I am sipping on a little diet root beer right now to see how that goes.  I have it and it's cold, that's got to count for something.  So far, so good.  

I didn't feel up for a trip to Walmart so Ron cancelled it.  I just feel overwhelmingly tired.  It's called the post ictal stage.  It also happens with epilepsy.  Anyway, for me I am very groggy and tired, today I'm queasy too, although normally it doesn't last that long.  

When I have a bad migraine it is 2 days of vomiting and headache and 2 additional days of headache, then back to normal.  But I have lost a good 5 pounds so I will not eat until I get my appetite back.  I have found, over the years, it's just better not to eat until I have an appetite.   I have bone broth to start, when I get an appetite.  Once I finish that off (I bought the organic quarts at Walmart) I have canned vegetables and some beef and barley soup.  But I don't want to think about food right now.  

I've been feeding the cats but I haven't changed the litter box.  From what I see, it doesn't look too bad (I have 4 boxes), so I think it can wait a couple of hours until I feel better.  

I'm just tired.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you going to talk to your doctor about the migraines or just continue to keep dealing with it and complain about it here? There really are ways to alleviate what you are going though - migraine medication does work, it has for me. Puking for days is not right. :(

Heather Knits said...

Not much to say to a doc. Food related = avoid the food. Lots of vomiting. I have a script for phenergan suppositories, from my psychiatrist. But, in my experience, very little works or can be taken safely. I cannot take tripitans due to weight, middle age, and extreme family history of heart disease. Remember I have to pay for the medications, my insurance doesn't cover much. The worst I ever took was this horrible stuff called Bubital - made me manic, didn't help the pain. I was worse than if I had just endured.

I tell you about my day - if it was good, you hear it. If it was bad, you hear it. If I only posted when I was having a bad day I could see your complaint about my "complaining". But, on even the worst day of my migraine, I made sure to mention my two "nurses" in the bed, Torbie and Biscuit. They were awesome and I love them for it. I wouldn't hang out with me, vomiting, tossing and turning, but they did, until I started feeling better. That is pretty awesome.

I don't have a primary doc since mine moved. Ron's is "mean" and has said he doesn't care if a patient cannot afford the testing he orders. But I will keep an eye out for a good one.