Saturday, September 15, 2018

"I didn't - your mother!"

I got up early, took my shower, helped Ron.  We went to the warehouse and bought a lot of stuff.  Jack picked us up, took us to work.  He told us he can't help us in 2 weeks. 

In the meantime, a guy had called Ron about being a backup driver.  We eventually met with him and he seems viable. 

We got to work, unloaded, did our work.  Met the new guy out front and Ron did a trial run getting into the truck.  The truck's no good if Ron can't get in it. 

We finished up and on the way home.  But we had another pickup, and then we were dropping her off, then going home. 

She was on the way home.  So he pulled into her apartment complex and honked, knocked on the door.  No answer.  Now the vehicles are equipped with a loud "backup beep".  So, if he backs up, you can hear it clearly from a ways off.  She started to come out of the building.  He backed up and turned so she could get in, easily, on the free side of the vehicle.  She RAN over the to the vehicle, screaming at the top of her lungs.  Got in cursing him out.  She could see, hear, walk, run.  She was carrying a heavy bag.  She was not mentally slow. 

She even got angry with him for helping her into the vehicle, and asking for her ticket, which is required to ride (if you don't have a pass like Ron does).  She cursed him out.  Ron said something like "You must be having a bad day" and she told him not to speak. 

Ron, being Ron, didn't take that very well and talked animatedly with me until we got to her drop off, which was the opposite direction from our home.  "I told you not to talk" she told him at one point, but she mainly fumed, and tried to call in a complaint on the driver, who she felt was "leaving her before her 5 minutes were up".  When we got there and she opened her door Ron told her "God Bless you" - sincerely.  She was completely full of hate and just a toxic person, and, again, got to say it, no apparent disability.  She could see, had all her limbs, could hear, and certainly ran when she thought he was leaving her.  She was not out of breath after running, either. 

She got out and slammed the door behind her.  We all breathed a collective sigh of relief.  I had Ron get the driver's number so we could call in a compliment, because I just know she's going to try to get the driver fired. 

We went home.  I took a nap.  Last night Ron made a mistake in scheduling dinner.  He set up a ride to one restaurant, and a ride home from another.  So he cancelled the ride home and we decided to take a cab. 

Our pickup to go to the restaurant was almost an hour late.  The driver asked about the possum.  I am sure all the drivers are still talking about that critter. 

We got to the restaurant and service was really slow.  They were out of Diet Coke.  I drank plain iced tea with pink stuff in it, Ron had a real Coke.  It took them forever to cook our food, but, when it came out, it was correct. 

I put most of Ron's food into the plastic zip top bag he'd brought for that purpose.  He ate what was left, even though he said he wasn't hungry.  He said he had not eaten all day. 

No wonder he's anemic, eating like that.  I guess it's true what they say about older people, their hunger mechanism begins to fail. 

We decided not to go out any more on the weekend.  The trips are bad, we get stressed, the restaurant is busy. 

Oh, great Ron quote.  The other day we were eating dinner and a misbehaving toddler kept doing those annoying, high pitched, screams.  Ron shouted "Shut up!  I didn't *&^k your mother!" and the kid did.  Surprisingly, no one came over to beat Ron up, either. 

I couldn't believe it.  Ron kept pretending to say it again tonight, when the kids in the restaurant acted up. 

People just don't teach their kids to behave in public.  If I had acted like some of those kids do I would have been spanked, taken out to the car, and done without dinner.  It's just not fun to eat with screaming brats running wild, whining, and grabbing at the wheelchair (has happened more than once).  One kid actually got on tiptoes and was rummaging through the bag I keep on the back of the wheelchair.  His father got a look at my face when I caught him, came running over, full of apologies. 

Of course if you spank your kid it's child abuse (maybe not in Texas, but most states).  They teach kids parents aren't "allowed" to physically discipline them so they turn into monsters who do whatever they want. 

It's just not fun to eat with that running around.  And I have to take Ron to more casual restaurants where it is acceptable for him to eat with his fingers and act like a general barbarian. 

I ate my food.  We called the cab.  He lied and said he was 15 minutes away, when he was really almost an hour away.  Ron was Not Happy.  We came home. 

Ron told me (I asked for his help) he will help cut up sausage for me tomorrow.  We like to cut it into little "coins" and then cook it in the skillet.  It's delicious. 

I also need to do laundry tomorrow, and then I need to do the dishes from cooking the sausage.  And I haven't forgotten how I was going to clean the counter if the storm didn't get us. 

It will be a busy day. 

No comments: