Sunday, September 16, 2018

Sunday

Ron's asleep. 

I slept pretty late this morning, much to Biscuit's dismay.  I think, on my day off, I will have to set my alarm for 7 or so, get up, feed him, go back to bed.  That would be the fair thing.  And he's purring on my foot now, I think he likes it. 

I got up at 10:30!  I got online for a while and then decided to cook up my sausage.  I had some links, I like to cut them into "coins" (Ron's phrase) and fry them in my big cast iron skillet.  I have gone through a couple of skillets, but this one has a nice patina.  I never use soap on it, just a metal scrubber (without soap). 

Ron was supposed to cut up the sausage, but he was sleeping.  Considering he is still asleep at almost 5 PM, I think I made the right call to go ahead and do it myself.  I got the knife and a plate.  I had 6 links in the package.  I could comfortably cut up 4, so I put two in the freezer. 

I sliced them, then cooked them in the skillet in two batches.  I washed everything and cleaned the skillet (wiped out with paper towels, rinsed, and scoured with the metal scrubber, then dried with paper towels).  I washed the other dishes and let the links cool. 

Then I ate them with my fingers, more than my fair share.  I had meant to save half for Ron but I was greedy.  I ate and took my pills.  I'm still full. 

I did save some for Ron, and put it in the freezer when I saw all his leftovers.  I took my pills, watched some TV, then decided to take a shower. 

By then it was 1.  I took a shower.  I really didn't want to shave my legs but I know I will really not want to shave them at 4-5 AM tomorrow morning.  I made myself do it and did a decent job. 

I finished up, it was almost 2.  I used to like NCIS: LA until I realized that one of the characters is muslim, and, for a show that deals with terrorists and all, was very friendly to the religion.  I am not.  I won't go into all the reasons now but if you ask, I will do a why I don't like islam blog sometime.  I pray for the people every day, and evangelize them when I can, but the institution is ghastly. 

Anyway, I got sick of them yelling the ackbar phrase - even the "sympathetic" character, so I turned it off and took a nap.  I was full of sausage (pork!) and feeling rather bloated.  So I laid on my left side with my wet hair spread over the pillow and took a nap. 

I woke up with a headache, like I did this morning, but it wasn't as bad as they've been.  I took something and got online.  Biscuit laid down by my feet, purring.  He is such a loving boy. 

Torbie is in love with the cat condo I moved to the front room, by the window.  She is on it constantly.  Baby Girl was drooping around the house today but overall OK.  I think she is bummed that Ron is out.  I just saw her.  She looks like her normal self. 

Ron has been flat on his side in bed for hours, with his hand pressed against the wall.  I am a little worried about him but I don't want to check on him and wake him up.  I'll be glad when he does wake up.  I worry about him when he's like this. 

I said I would do it, and I will.  Next up on the agenda is cleaning up that kitchen counter and taking out the garbage. 

While I do laundry, although a couple of shirts (both of us) had stains on them so bad I decided to run the soak cycle first before I run the "proper" cycle.  To be delicate, I have been having some issues of late, and I think I will stop using the enzyme cleaner on loads of laundry that contain underwear.  I am sure it will help and may be the solution.  Otherwise, I use free & clear laundry detergent so that's not the issue. 

Biscuit just readjusted on my foot.  He is so cute. 

Tomorrow looks to be interesting.  I need to ply Ron with water all morning before he sees the pain doc, in case they need a urine sample.  Ron does not drink a proper amount of water under normal circumstances.  It's very frustrating, but, amazingly, all his kidney tests come back OK.  I drink about 2 gallons a day.  I think even the cats drink more than Ron. 

And, at some point, I need to clean the litter boxes.  It is pretty warm in the house so I will probably adjust the A/C down around 80 or so.  Ron likes it closer to 85 but that's just a little warm for me.  I even put my hair up and I'm still hot. 

Since I will be out for a while with no food places, I will need to figure out a filling breakfast that won't make me too full.  Worst case we can bring a couple of the sandwiches we sell, to the doctor's office.  I'll figure something out. 

Off I go to clean up the kitchen. 

No comments: