Thursday, September 20, 2018

Up at 2. AM.

Yesterday I got up, took my shower, did my God Time, took a short nap.  I got up and we went to Walmart, got Ron's medication. 

He didn't want to wear his magnets because it was only a short trip.  I bought some candy for evangelism (some Halloween, some regular - let me tell you, this is THE time of year to get evangelism candy) and we left. 

I went to bed late, and slept horribly.  Torbie came to sleep with me, which was awesome, but the rest of the night was pretty awful.  I just couldn't sleep.  Then I worried about money.  We have a lot of bills and not enough to pay them.  I knocked a pillow off the bed and found it was more comfortable, so I left it on the floor. 

Alarm went off at 2.  That's AM.  I reset it for 2:45.  I took a short shower and helped Ron get ready.  I didn't have time to do his magnets so I put them in his tote bag, along with some tape.  Our ride was early, made a lot of noise with her radio, backing up and forward (all vehicles have a backup beep which is very loud), etc., basically waking up and ensuring all my neighbors will hate me if they didn't already.  We rode for over an hour.  She was OK but I'm not eager to get her again. 

Side note: #6 bought a new truck.  The contracting business must be pretty good, he just bought a brand new minivan for his wife last year and now this. 

We finally got to work and unloaded.  We had picked up "the other guy" - there are a couple of workers who have followed our example and gotten paratransit for themselves.  This guy is pretty obnoxious, always telling us how to run our business, making rude joked about how Ron can "really walk" if he "wanted", etc.  I don't like him but I will talk to him to be polite. 

Anyway, he whined and complained because I didn't let the driver through the gate.  The way I see it, if he wants to get through the gate, he could give her his badge.  Why should I be the one to do it?  Plus, I am obstreperous.  If someone is nasty, and wants me to do something, I'm not likely to do it.  I took Ron the long way just to prove a point - I'm not here to make your life easier.  Don't crap on me for 20 minutes telling me how to run my business, and disparaging my husband. 

He went off and did his thing.  I got the carts out and set Ron up with his magnets.  I couldn't get some of them separated, but I got enough to do a decent job of taping.  The tape tore easily, that was my other concern. 

Ron overdid it today, but at the end of the day rated his pain a "2", so I think the magnets really helped. 

I helped Ron stock, did my stocking, and received a soda delivery and put it away - all 40 cases, by myself.  Then I finished my other work and we left. 

I made sure we did things like do an inventory, etc.  I put all the carts up, some literally on top of the stacked soda.  That's a challenge, but I did it. 

God has given me a good body to do what I need.  Although I was sweating and breathing hard when I was putting up that soda! 

We left and came home.  I took a nap, slept pretty good, but woke up with a headache.  I had to take something for it. 

Ron woke up and we went to the Waffle House.  They are good and I love their cheesy eggs.  Ron and I were bad, and each got a pecan waffle.  I was very happy he had his own so I didn't have to share. 

He finished about 1/3 of his food and got out his ziplock bag.  He put all the food, mashed together, in the baggie.  It looked disgusting.  I double bagged it and put it in his tote. 

It was raining off and on.  Ron called a cab.  The cab came right as it began pouring.  The male driver stayed in the cab as I loaded Ron, and the wheelchair, in the back.  I wasn't very happy about that. 

He took us home.  Ron was confused about his money and kept asking me to identify bills, recounting them, etc.  I did that. 

I was silently wishing him to leave a modest tip for the driver.  Normally, he is pretty lavish tipping a cab driver, especially our favorites, but I didn't want him to give the guy a lot of money for sitting on his ass while I got soaked.  AND he kept turning up the A/C, freezing me.  I wasn't happy. 

We got home.  It was dry at the house.  We opened the garage door and Ron paid the guy, giving him a standard tip but not an overly generous one.  The guy was happy, but didn't realize he would have gotten a lot more money if he had helped me.  We also did not ask for his phone number, which we normally do. 

We went inside.  I fed Biscuit and took Ron's magnets off.  I will do him up again tomorrow. 

I am so tired spellchecker has gotten me several times already, I'm going to bed. 

3 comments:

Spankadoo said...

I am thinking today is your birthday/anniversary? Have the best day ever dear Healther !
Happy Happy Birthday!! And anniversary!
Love and huge hugs your way!

Heather Knits said...

Celebrating it today. Tomorrow's my birthday and I have to work (OK with that). Plan to run by Denny's for free meal tomorrow after work/nap.

Anniversary is Sunday, but we are celebrating both today by going out for a nice dinner with Chuck (so we don't have transportation issues). Today's off, plan to enjoy it.

Thank you for the good wishes. :) I was just thinking about you when I got up today.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
🎂🎉🎈