Wednesday, September 5, 2018

The trip to Foodtown

I took forever falling asleep last night, and was pretty tired when my alarm went off.  I reset it and went back to sleep.  Biscuit was very disappointed.  I got up and took my shower, helped Ron get ready. 

He was in pretty good spirits today.  I decided to enjoy it.  I also fed Biscuit. 

Our ride arrived and we went to Foodtown.  I left Ron up front and started shopping.  But Ron called and said he was hungry, did they have a deli?  No, they don't.  After talking to him a little bit, I decided to get him a can of cashews, and a can of potato sticks.  I know he enjoys the sticks.  I also bought him a drink in case he got thirsty (I only wanted to interrupt my shopping ONCE to get him snacks). 

I did chide him about not eating at home.  He said he wasn't hungry at home, apparently the minute he walked - rolled, into the store, he was ravenous.  I gave him his food and drink and went BACK to shopping. 

I checked out the produce.  They had some exotic things but I just bought a half dozen small limes to put in my water.  I looked at the spices.  I looked at the imported cheeses and thought about listeria food poisoning.  Then I looked at the meats.  There was a traffic jam of ladies at the lunch meat section.  One kept shoveling generic brand lunchables into her cart, went off, put some back.  That's not something I would feed a child.  It has no nutrition, just empty carbs. 

I wasn't interested in lunch meat so I went down the row.  They had some interesting meats, they didn't have cube steak but they had something called "ranch" steak .  It was 4 small to medium tenderized cuts of meat for $3.75.  I went ahead and got them.  I got some bacon ends.  Those are always good for flavoring.  Etc. 

Now I was getting hungry.  I looked for cans of coconut cream.  I figure if anyone would have it, it would be Food Town.  They cater to the latino population.  But nothing.  So I got a can of vienna sausages and threw them in the cart.  I got a couple bottles of diet Dr Pepper and I checked out.  My total came to $22 and change. 

I went over to Ron and packed all my food into my insulated bag.  He told me a Mexican woman had tried to give him money as he sat in his wheelchair.  He declined, of course, but it was a sweet thought.  Later on, he actually prayed aloud for God to bless her and give her money.  Wow. 

We called a cab, he came pretty quick.  He was happy to see I really only did have one bag.  Most people go to Food Town to stock up, and buy a LOT of food.  We didn't.  I was just looking. 

I made the conclusion that Food Town is cheaper on the meat, and has a bigger variety, and does not put chemicals in the meat.  However, when going out with Ron it is better to go to Walmart because I can get ALL my shopping done at one time and then he only has one trip.  Much better for his back.  But if I have to go get something special, I can go to Food Town. 

We came home, I put away my food (not much) and took a nap.  I woke up with a proto-headache but it wasn't too bad.  Then I made up a pitcher of diet decaf iced tea, which created a lot of hunger cravings.  And Ron had left his cashews on the counter.  I hope I don't get a migraine. 

I've been having a nice quiet night.  We work tomorrow but not too long.  We will make a supply run to the warehouse (we couldn't restock on Saturday, Jack took the weekend off), go to work, and stock.  The weather has been nicer so I don't have to worry about that. 

Ron was bugging me a while back, what does a landing gear look like, how does a plane balance.  I told him to call the airport, ask his questions, and have someone call him back. 

Speaking of planes, if you have not heard of the plane load of sick people who landed, and were released, in New York, I suggest you stock up on whatever you take/use for immune health.   That could spread something nasty really fast.  An airport is about the worst place for that to happen. 

I read a book where a virus went through a whorehouse and it was pretty bad, too. 

At any rate, I'm done for the night.  I just need to take my medication and see if Ron will let me give him his vitamin shot.  I took care of his foot, leg, and elbow already. 

I'll be glad when they heal up.  Ron keeps asking me how he could have cut his foot a couple of weeks ago.  He was drunk.  God only knows what he did or how he did it. 

Have I ever mentioned the time I found Ron under his wheelchair, with his head stuck in the crossbrace?  I had to pull him out.  If he can do that, he can do anything. 

Happily he is living more sober now. 

No comments: