Friday, September 21, 2018

Baby Girl gets presents

I slept late today, to 8:30 this morning.  Woke up with a headache, took something.  I got up, took my shower, did my God time.  I ate and took ALL my pills.  I took a nap and woke up with yet another headache.  I took something. 

I got ready, helping Ron.  I helped him get dressed and applied his magnets.  We were ready by the time Chuck showed up to take us out to dinner. 

We went to a steakhouse. 

You may remember, years ago, I went to this same steakhouse, I took my pills with dinner, and got really sick.  I barely made it home to my bucket.  Biscuit and Gravy found it fascinating watching me get sick in my bucket.  So I haven't been really keen on steak, since. 

That's why I took my pills so early, so I wouldn't have to worry about that again.  I ordered a medium steak, Ron got well done, and Chuck got rare.  We enjoyed our meal even though they sat us next to the bratty toddler, screaming and banging her hands on the table.  After that family left, they seated another family with a baby right next to us. 

I wish restaurants offered family, and non-family seating.  I don't want to hear someone else's toddler screaming because it got hungry.  It ruins my meal.  They also kept trying to seat people behind Ron's wheelchair, and I had to move him.  Other than that, it was a good meal. 

After dinner, I went to the pet store.  I was looking for more cardboard scratchers.  Baby Girl loves those things.  She has gone through a couple.  They are made out of cardboard, in a brick shape.  There is an open hole on each "short" end and the rest is cardboard.  I put some weight plates inside because they were tipping them over.  Now Baby Girl loves to jump on top and haul away at it.  She will eventually erode holes into each side, then we turn it over, and she works another hole into it.  Pretty soon it is finished, totally wiped out.  Then I'd buy a new one. 

BUT the store stopped selling them.  This was another store in the same chain.  I went in and I found a couple on clearance for $20 each.  When I got to the register they were $11 each.  I should have got 3, but I got 2.  It takes Baby Girl a while to work through a box. 

We came home, got stuck in traffic but not too bad. 

I put Ron's food away and he went to bed - he's slept a lot today, although he said some nice things when I got up this morning.  I think he wanted to watch the Astros game, although I haven't hears is usual commentary as he watches. 

I need to take off his magnets before I go to bed.  I will probably also bag up some candy before I go to bed, as well, just so I don't have to do it in the morning. 

We have to work tomorrow but it shouldn't be too bad.  Then I will open up my present from Mom and Dad and see what I got. 

Funny that I bought Baby Girl presents on the day I chose to celebrate my birthday. 

I almost forgot, I cut myself again, on my left leg, shaving.  I was trying to use my left (shaking) hand to do it and it wouldn't work, my hand jerked and I was bleeding all over the shower.  I hope I don't get a scar. 

I will have to either stop shaving on days when I take a headache pill, or only use my right hand to shave.  I get the tremors from the lithium but they are aggravated by caffeine. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday and we pray God will bless you dearly this coming year. Happy anniversary to both of you too.