Monday, March 12, 2018

Still having the headaches

I'm still having the headaches.  I am really baffled BUT all my inserts say headaches are a side effect so I'll go with that. 

Yesterday: slept in pretty late (woke up with a headache), did my shower and God Time.  Then I went to the Kolache factory with Ron.  We ate and hung out for a while, then came home.  I took a nap (woke up with a headache), and did some laundry. 

A pretty funny story on that: I have various cycles on the washer.  But I'm getting ahead of myself.  First, I gather up the clothes.  I always put my dirty clothes on the floor of the laundry room.  Ron does not, but he puts them in a bag.  So I get all the clothes.  Then I lint brush Ron's clothes, because he is a magnet for cat hair.  Then I pretreat any stains. 

If the stains are really bad, I use my generic Clorox 2 on the "soak" cycle, let it agitate and soak for a while, drain, and then do a load with the actual detergent.  But this time I forgot to set it to "soak". 

I had it set to "Deep wash", so it ran a whole cycle with just the stain remover/color booster.  I didn't realize it until I put the Tide (I use the Free and Clear, due to allergies) into the washer with the wet clothes, and it started dissolving.  So I had to run another cycle. 

Boy, those were some clean clothes when I took them out of the washer! 

While the loads were running, I got on the stepladder.  Ron was asleep.  The hall light was burned out, and it has two bulbs.  I got the stepladder.  I tried to take out the old bulbs, but I couldn't from the first step.  I got a big tote bag and hung two fresh bulbs in it, around my neck.  Then I climbed to the top of the stepladder (the metal bowed alarmingly) and managed to get one bulb out.  Good.  It took several tries and some prayer, to get the replacement bulb into the fixture.  I couldn't get the other one, though.  But one is better than nothing and I have part of a hall light. 

Of course Ron woke up in the middle of it, and made a move for his wheelchair.  I was dead center in the middle of the hall and he would have knocked me off the ladder had he gone anywhere in his wheelchair.  So I got a little screechy with him and told him to stay still, not to move at all until I finished.  He got a little annoyed but didn't move. 

I could just see him ramming the wheelchair into the stepladder, I go flying and crack my head, arm, or neck... no thanks! 

After all that I went to bed early.  I woke up in the middle of the night with Torbie in bed with me, by my left hip.  Awesome.  I gave her a pet and went back to sleep. 

I woke up later, with a headache.  I'm really tired of waking up with headaches!  Torbie was now sleeping next to my head, which I love.  <3 all="" and="" awesome="" best="" biscuit="" both="" cats="" have="" i="" legs.="" love="" my="" nbsp="" of="" on="" picked="" really="" sleeping="" some="" that.="" they="" was="">me.

I got up and brushed my teeth while Biscuit begged for breakfast and Torbie groomed herself in my bed.  I fed Biscuit, and Baby Girl, who always shows up for breakfast.  They seem to like Fancy Feast "Cod, Sole, and Shrimp" feast better than the "Seafood Feast".  I will have to get another case the next time I go to Walmart. 

I took my shower, blah blah.  I wasn't hungry due to the headache.  I didn't eat much today at all. 

We went to work.  Sales were dead, but we got it all done.  I got the sandwich delivery and stocked it. 

We came home, I took a nap.  I woke up, with another headache.  Really sick of the little [censoreds].  I took some Excedrin because we were going to Denny's. 

Ron woke up moaning.  He had eaten himself sick on the jumbo bag of popcorn he had me buy him at Sam's on Saturday.  He still went, though. 

On the way there, Ron said he wished I had my own paratransit service.  I told him, if I did, he would be a hermit.  He would never go anywhere, or even work.  He agreed. 

We got there and it was packed, the end of a lunch rush.  It cleared out pretty fast.  I had a build your own slam with ham, more ham, whole wheat pancakes, and fruit salad.  Ron had chicken soup.  We had a pretty good meal.   I took my pills. 

We had a timely pickup and a straight ride home.  I got the clothes going in the dryer and plan to go to bed early. 

I think I will look around the house for a small notebook, I know I have a couple, and start logging the food I eat and the subsequent headaches.  On a migraine thread on one message board, one guy said potatoes were a trigger.  I do love my plain ruffles when I am working.  That will be easier than any app. 

If I can't find a connection between my food and my headaches, I will just have to accept it.  I have pretty much eliminated caffeine and aspartame, it's not that.  I'm drinking plenty of water. 

Oh, and I need to do up my pills.  I am out.  Not out of medication, but my pills-of-the-week are empty. 

Looks like I'll be busy tonight, between laundry, doing up my pills, the litterbox, and finding that notebook. 

Have a good one.  I am praying for you daily. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOu won't like to hear this, But, you are probably allergic to your cats. The best way to test this would be to deep clean your room, bedding etc. Sleep with your door closed. The cats can sleep elsewhere and still be well taken care of. The wool blanket that they love, let them have it, they will like the comfort of it, and you will never be able to get out the cat hair, cat dander and cat saliva. You complain about the headaches, but try a month of no sleeping with cats. They also have a blood parasite, that they can carry, and it won't bother them, but affect you. We all make choices, and you have made a lot of tough choices. I know you need some loving affection from them, but that doesn't mean you have to sleep with them. You say Ron can change from drinking alcohol, can you change, if it means you will be healthier? I pray for you both often too. God loves you both.

Anonymous said...

Headaches could be a sign of toxicity with your meds.

Spankadoo said...

Could it be springtime allergies on top of everything else Heather? I know where I live trees are blooming Like crazy and causing all kinds of headaches as well as the other usual symptoms of allergies? Just a thought but who knows..I do know before you go into full blown menopause if you are a migrainer then you can go crazy with the headaches until your hormones settle . Sorry you are struggling!d

Heather Knits said...

No cats for a month? I'd rather have the headaches! I do know I have a mild allergy to cats (and dogs). It tends to manifest in itchy eyes if I touch my face after petting them.

I don't have any other signs of toxicity so I hope that isn't it - I go for a blood test pretty soon. Generally if I were to get toxic I would have "food poisoning" type of symptoms added to "acting drunk" sort of stuff. Fun times!

I definitely have allergies, to what I don't know. I seem to be OK with some of the pollen but I have a terrible mold allergy. We haven't had much mold yet as far as I know, though.

Thank you for the suggestions!

Anonymous said...

Any chance you are having stress headaches?

Heather Knits said...

Could be but I've had plenty more stress in the past. I hope the food log will reveal my triggers. When shopping today, I got more "clean" foods and skipped all the crap snacks, ice cream, etc. I did buy some grapes for a "sweet" if I need one. I'll get on top of this one way or another.