Wednesday, March 28, 2018

A mighty splat

Some of you may mock, but I believe in spiritual warfare.  It has been my experience that my attack (Bible Handout) is often met with a counterattack.  One time I broke my toe, the day after.  Today, I fell on the floor and bruised myself.  I even broke my flip flop. 

I slept pretty well and woke up before my alarm, but I had Torbie in the bed, and Biscuit came along, so I stayed with them until the alarm went off.  I fed Biscuit his Chicken Primavera (he loves the stuff, so does Baby Girl), brushed my teeth, etc. 

I took my shower, thanking God for all the working systems involved in that.  I ate my protein bar and took my pills, and I did my God Time. 

A little ways in, Torbie showed up and wanted my lap.  She climbed aboard and sat there, purring, while I did my God Time, prayer, devotionals, Bible study, etc.  We had a very good time.  I kept thinking about the Bible verse "Where two or more are gathered, there I will also be".  That's Jesus talking.  So we hung out and had a good spiritual feeding. 

I went to Walmart with Ron.  Ron is, to put it mildly, rather anal about times at Walmart.  He only wants half an hour to forty-five minutes, no longer.  Paratransit was going to leave us there for an hour and a half, so he decided to take a cab home. 

I was OK with that, as long as I got my 45 minutes.  We arrived on time and I began shopping.  I got more candy for the bags I hand out, protein bars, some sparkling water.  I didn't get anything with aspartame or sugar.  I bought kale and plastic wrap to cover the bowl when I cook it.  I like to nuke it in the microwave.  Kale is pretty awful, but full of nutrition, so I try to make myself eat it. 

I got another case of Primavera for the cats (1/4 of my bill!) and a 3-way lightbulb.  I have a couple of lamps in here. 

I looked to see if they had capris, they didn't.  Well, not in my size.  What, do I need to go to Target or what?  Ron's going to love that!  I do have a good quality pair in my size, one pair, but I guess I can only wear one at a time, huh? 

All done, I checked out.  She was nice and didn't complain about loading my reusable bags. 

I bought a couple of breakfast sandwiches.  I was full after eating one so I offered the other one to Ron.  He said he didn't want to eat it, until he was drunk. 

That's right, Ron's now starving himself before he drinks, so he gets a better buzz.  Ay mi.  He was quite proud of this, said he doesn't get really drunk if he eats first, so he would save it and eat it after he was drunk. 

I wanted to take it back, after that, but I didn't want a reheated egg sandwich, later.  Mike the cab driver (there are 2, this is the one with the SUV) came pretty quick and we got everything loaded.  I really only had 2 bags (the third bag just had more reusable bags, and the kale).  We went home. 

I put my stuff away and threw out some trash.  I saw a spot of transmission fluid in the driveway.  It must have been Mike.  It was pretty big and Mike didn't idle that long.  I told Ron to call Mike and tell him he has a tranny fluid leak.  Ron didn't want to do it. 

I hope he figures it out on his own.  I didn't want to call because I didn't want to appear to be complaining about the stain - I could care less about it - and more concerned with the well being of Mike and his "truck".  I can't come up with a good way to say that. 

I took a nap.  I heard Ron drinking for a while, and then heating up the sandwich.  At least he ate it.  I heard him going to bed. 

Ron spends most of his time at home, in bed. 

And it's TORBIE!  Lying by my feet!  Nope, she's gone. 

I had a pretty good nap but I woke up with a nasty headache.  I took some Excedrin.  It was a good thing I did, and already had painkillers on hand. 

Today I had decided I would evangelize the trash guys.  I had some Gatorades for them, and then I bagged up candy with Scripture booklets.  Normally I would never talk about this, but for the accident. 

I was on the computer when I heard the truck.  I jumped up, but my right leg had gone to sleep.  I still tried to get to the door and fell flat on my butt/knee/ankle.  I trashed my flip flops.  I staggered to my feet and ran for my stuff, took my shoes off, and ran out the door.  I caught them and gave them their goodies. 

They were appreciative.  That was nice, they didn't have to be but they are often overlooked when it comes time to appreciate/spoil.  I like getting people like that. 

I limped back in the house.  Ron said "That sounded awful, what was that?"  I told him I fell.  He said it sounded like it hurt, I told him it did. 

I told him I had still evangelized the guys so I was happy.  I am still hurting but I chalk it up to spiritual warfare. 

You should have seen me crawling to my feet, it was pretty pitiful.  Happily I didn't break anything, I think I strained my right ankle a little. 

Torbie's back! 

So, I am sure I will ache for a few days.  Hopefully I didn't get my right kneecap, I use that to push the snack machine closed when I am working.  Biscuit almost killed me with a wet cat toy one time, he dunked it in his bowl and then dragged it on the floor.  I didn't see the water and slipped, one leg in each direction.  My right knee was black and blue for a while, and painful for longer than that.  No, my knee doesn't hurt, seems to be left buttcheek and right ankle today. 

Ron wants to take tomorrow off, too.  I wouldn't but it's his business, his call.  It is supposed to rain or I'd take the bus.  He is pretty drunk right now so not really in a frame of mind to discuss trips.  I will ask, though. 

Torbie's still lying by my foot. She's a sweet baby.  I'm glad I have her. 

That's it for today. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's called being a klutz not spiritual warfare.

Anonymous said...

Can you order the capris online to be sent to your store (walmart?)

Heather Knits said...

I plan to investigate with the capris. I can't imagine they'll go a whole summer without them, Houston is suffocating in the summer, no way a normal person can wear jeans.