Friday, March 9, 2018

A lot about a headache

I woke up at 1:45 AM with a crushing headache.  I took some Excedrin, not happy about it.  I took my shower and did most of my God Time. 

I did sleep with Torbie!  That really made my night, even with the nasty headache.  She slept in bed with me, all night.  I had Biscuit for a while, too.  Then, during my God Time, Torbie got up in my lap, purring.  What a sweet girl. 

I went to work.  Snacks needed work, canned sodas did not.  The bottled vendor was popular and needed, I think, 8 cases of drinks.  I put them on a cart for Ron, he could just take the drinks off the cart and stock them. 

We got our soda delivery and the guy put it away.  He said they are having big shake ups at the warehouse.  There's a lot "behind" the soda you see on the shelf, warehouses, supply managers, expeditors, and drivers.  Some of them have been fired, but he hasn't.  Because he is awesome. 

We finished up pretty early and came home.  I still had my headache.  I took a nap.  I woke up and we were supposed to go to Walmart, but the driver was late, again. 

What is it with drivers being late to take us to Walmart?  I need time to shop!  He was middle-eastern, had a big attitude, didn't want me to sit up front even though the cab was full, etc.  Then he talked on his phone while he drove, which is a firing offense if you have a client on board.  Like the other guy we had a couple days ago, he refused all directions and made up his own route that took us MILES out of the way.  It was very frustrating.  I kept gritting my teeth. 

I didn't say anything but I sure wanted to. I didn't embarrass myself, though, better living through medication. 

I had about half an hour, again.  I wanted to make a deposit.  Good luck with that!  I got Ron his Tums, a few small things for me, and then checked out.  I had a nice older cashier.  I liked her, I will look for her next time I go there.  Turns out I did have enough time to do my deposit. 

I spoke to a driver who told me the truth: during Rodeo, the trips to go hell because the "Big Vans" are on call at the rodeo.  They aren't running regular routes, they are running shuttles from the Rodeo to various park and rides.  So, when Ron asked me where I wanted to go tomorrow I said nowhere. 

All I knew, we waited over an hour on our ride to go home.  I finally gave up and bought a couple of hamburgers from McDonald's.  Ron didn't want anything.  I had enough time to eat the burgers. 

Well, I tried.  Another woman came out, obese, with a cane, clearly a paratransit client.  She kept interrogating me about "my" ride while simultaneously complaining about how she had been waiting (less time than us, by a good 15 minutes).  And her ride came first.  Not fair.  I didn't appreciate the interrogation when I was clearly eating, then she was half deaf and didn't hear my replies, kept asking the same question again until I yelled the answer at her.  She didn't seem to be senile, either. 

About the only good thing I could say about her was she didn't have many groceries. 

Our ride finally came, a guy who just always seems to run late.  I didn't care, I was just happy he was there for us.  He was happy I only had one bag and said I was the only person who adhered to the company policy (only a couple of bags per client).  I gave him his candy and we headed home. 

We had a straight trip, no games.  He told us the trips are going to be bad for probably another week but to hang in there. 

We got home.  Headache was still around!  I took my medication and ate a bowl of cereal, then went to bed.  I got some sleep but the headache got worse.  I finally got up about an hour ago and took some Tylenol.  I also drank some of the diet root beer I bought at the store. 

Most days, I am pretty "clean" of aspartame and caffeine, but headache days are another matter.  I just hope I can get on top of them pretty soon. 

At least I am sleeping OK.  It takes me a while to drop off (caffeine in the headache pills, and soda) but once I do I'm out. 

Tomorrow we do our supply run, and park it at work.  Ron doesn't want to stock.  Fine. 

I just pray I can lose this headache. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You eat out a lot, do you know what they put in the food, you know MSG and such? We ate at a buffet on Saturday, and I'm still dealing with the headache. Their web site says basically that they can't be bothered to post allergen info,so we won't be going back. Such is life with headaches.