Saturday, March 17, 2018

"Yours, mine, and cats"

I had trouble falling asleep last night.  When I did, it was late, and I didn't get enough sleep. 

I still got up and did some of my God Time (I will finish once I'm done with this post) and got ready for work.  We went to the warehouse. 

The driver had to park far away from the entrance because an SUV was blocking it, letting out a woman dressed in pajama pants.  This is Sam's Club, lady, not Walmart.  The whole "walking around in pajama pants" is just a really bad look, but at least it is modest.   Some of the things I saw at Walmart burned my eyeballs.  One important thing: if you are obese, wear clothes that fit.  We don't want to see your cellulite bulging through your skin tight leggings, bursting at the seams.  I am always careful to wear slightly baggy jeans as a result. 

I went in and got our supplies.  I got extra snack machine supplies because I have a snack machine to fill. 

We could barely fit it on the carts, and then I had a hell of a time collating my carts and getting everything compacted so it would fit in my stockroom.  I stocked what I could, and did a test vend.  I checked all the machines, they looked good. 

Bad, actually.  I would have rather seen better sales, and less inventory. 

We finished up and came home.  I was pretty beat so I took a nap.  I woke up before the alarm clock went off and enjoyed lying in bed with Torbie (who is now on my foot as I type).  The alarm went off and I got up. 

We were going to Walmart.  Ron complained about going, quite bitterly, but this trip was for Biscuit, getting our boy some chicken flavored cat food since he likes people chicken - chicken for people - so much.  Ron was still pretty ugly and very negative. 

He lectured the driver all the way to the store, sharing things like he hopes God puts all the unsaved in a "slow class" so "we can get out of here".  "Everything is made of atoms".  "Money isn't worth the paper it's printed on" etc.  It was just toxic. 

I felt so bad for the driver.  I hear this on a regular basis and am pretty good at tuning it out, but this guy's just trying to make a living.  I saw a kiddie cart but told Ron I would leave him up front.  He liked the idea. 

I didn't want Mr Negative rolling around with me! 

I got things on my list, Ron wanted shakes and disinfecting hand wipes, cat treats, etc.  I also bought him a nice turquoise pocket-t.  He will like the pocket, I will like the color.  I bought myself a package of black t-shirts.  I feel pretty comfortable in them and, as a "Winter" (link), I look good in black.  It is amusing that orange, the color I wear for Bible Handouts, is considered the least flattering color for my type! 

I wanted test strips for my glucose meter.  I found a box of 20, but I wanted 50, if possible.  I asked the pharmacy tech if they had a "bigger" one.  He came back with a 100 count test strip for my meter.  Being a practical woman, I asked "How much?"  $35.  Pretty cheap considering.  I took them.  Well, I paid for them and then I took them! 

Now onto cat food.  Fancy Feast had 3 flavors of chicken cat food: Florentine, Primavera, and chicken in gravy.  I got a few cans of the Primavera, one of the Florentine, and a half case of "in gravy".  When I got home, I opened up the Primavera and Biscuit and Baby Girl went crazy for it, eating almost the entire can.  Good.  I want them to have something they really savor. 

I think I will donate all my "fishy" foods to the shelter.  They are in fine condition, but they are not exactly "wanted" by Biscuit and company.  The alleycats will love it. 

I finished my shopping, I bought a couple of pints of ice cream on my way out.  I was feeling vulnerable to the siren call.  That's one thing they always say on "My 600 pound life" "Food is my best friend, it's always been there for me, it's my consolation" etc.  I am guilty of that to some extent. 

We had to wait a while on our ride home and Ron began complaining again.  He said he would pay for me to take a cab, next time, but he was tired and his back hurt.  He had been sitting up in the wheelchair for a couple of hours, but prior to that he had been sitting up in the wheelchair for about 5 hours.  If I take Ron to Walmart again, I need to take him on a day we don't work, so we can just go to Walmart and home.  "Stopping by after work" is too hard for him and wears him out.  Then he wears me out! 

We got home.  I dragged everything into the house and sorted out "Yours, mine, and cats".   I gave the cats their primavera and they loved it.  I put the ice cream away, and the cold drinks in the fridge.  I threw away some old leftovers. 

Ron collapsed into bed.  He didn't even go for the vodka. 

I called my parents.  My Dad and I were talking about picky eaters.  My cats, and he was talking about me as a toddler when he was doing the single parent thing.  He fed me flank steak a lot, he didn't know you had to slow cook it so it was always pretty tough.  Being a toddler, I didn't have a good set of teeth and balked at eating it, but Dad said if he let me get hungry enough, I would! 

Probably get him for child abuse now if he did that, but he was just doing his best.  He fed me a lot of scrambled eggs, cereal, milk, normal kid food. 

Dad is doing well, he is about 1/3 into his radiation treatments and doing well. 

They didn't really ask about Ron's drinking and I didn't really offer.  No news is the same news. 

Ron asked me to check the mail.  I ran into a neighbor who has a sinus infection from all the pollen - the allergies make the sinuses swell, they get blocked, infection sets in.  Happily I am not allergic to Houston pollens.  Mold and cats, yes.  Garlic.  Crab, mildly.  But not pollen. 

Speaking of allergies, I need to go get my blood test.  I am reluctant because they had such a hard time, last time.  But I'm sure the old tech has moved on and they have a new one.  Up until last year, I never had a problem.  So maybe I just had a bad tech last time. 

(Torbie is still lying on my foot)

It looks like they aren't having a party at #6 tonight, maybe they went to a venue somewhere.  I can get some sleep tonight, looks like. 

Ron didn't want to go anywhere.  I wanted to ask him to take me to church tomorrow but I knew he would just get ugly. 

I can always watch it on the computer. 

No comments: