Sunday, March 18, 2018

A lot about my towels

I slept in until almost 8.  I slept pretty well, too.  No cats, though.  Ron told me later that Torbie had slept with him last night. 

I got up and took my shower.  Ron got up about the time I planned to do my God Time.  We talked for a while first, it started out OK but then he went into his usual tirades about God, etc.  I told him I was done talking, I was going to do my God Time.  "Oh, Him" and he went on some more.  You'd swear I was cheating on Ron, with God.  He finally left me alone and went back to bed.  I did my God Time. 

Actually, before I started my God Time, I gathered up all the dirty towels (I missed one) and carefully arranged them in the washer, so it wouldn't come unbalanced during the wash cycle.  Nothing worse than an out of balance washer on the spin cycle. 

I added a bleach tablet and set if for soak, then did my God Time.  I learned God wants me to "bother" him with all my issues, because He wants to help.  That was nice to hear, so I asked God to make the washer work properly during this load. 

I finished my God Time and started bagging up candy.  I am currently "doing" Peanut M&M's, fruity snacks, fruit roll ups, now and later, salt water taffy, caramels, Starburst, and two kinds of gum.  To that, I add some hard candy.  I also have a Scripture booklet in there. 

Generally the candy is received with great excitement and joy.  But I had one driver recently who took the candy, then told me "You want my teeth to hurt".  What?  "I have bad teeth, and they hurt when I eat sugar.  You must want them to hurt."  I assured her I didn't, because how could I know?  With what they pay the drivers they can afford to get their teeth fixed, anyway.  I didn't say the last. 

But, generally, people are very excited.  Any kind of evangelism, even handing out candy with Scripture booklets, is bound to face a little opposition.  Rarely, I get a healthy eater who treats me like a leper/drug dealer and refuses it, adamantly.  I respect that and always "take it back".  I do wish I had an extra scripture booklet to give them, though. 

I need to carry some. 

The soak cycle finished for the towels.  I ran another load with detergent, this time (detergent kills bleach, something Ron learned in his food safety class).  That took another hour.  I worked on the candy until I ran out of something, I forget what.  But I called it "done".  I had pretty much bagged up a good couple dozen bags. 

The wash cycle finished.  I ran an extra rinse/spin with a half cup of vinegar to get all the suds out of the towels. . When I had my old washer, I used to open the lid and gape at all the suds agitating out of my towels, when I did that. 

Then I put the towels in the dryer and ran it.  I ate a hamburger, took my pills.  I took a nap. 

I woke up with a headache.  I had nightmares about a pterodactyl and a horror movie.  I was happy to get up. 

I watched an episode of my 600 pound life.  He was over 800 pounds, and at one point became verbally abusive to his fiance.  It's like it summoned Ron.  He came out, wanting to drink.  Quote "I don't know if I had 3 or 4 drinks" (he had sworn to only drink 2 because he gets ugly if he has more) "So I'm going to just go to bed."  First, though, it was the usual tirade about God being "slow" and "torturing" him.  And the guy on the screen is playing head games with his woman and I couldn't help but feel for her. 

He (Ron) finally left me alone, and went back to bed.  He is asleep, I spoke quietly to him and he's just laying there.  I had meant to change his pillowcase. 

Torbie found the skink.  Biscuit brought it home a few days ago.  I saw it in the bathroom but couldn't get it.  Torbie had it out in the hall, batting at it.  It looked "tired".  I tried to coax it into a disposable plastic cup, it wouldn't go.  I patiently explained (as Torbie sat by, watching me work with it) that if it went in the cup, I would put it outside.  Otherwise, I explained, Torbie would eat it.  It went in the cup.  My hands were messing up so I wouldn't have been able to pick it up anyway. 

He (?) got a quick ride to Ron's room, and I opened the window.  I put it out on the recycle can, and shut the window.  Then I threw the cup away.  Another rescue. 

I rescue pretty much everything the cats bring me, except roaches.  Those get killed. 

It's pretty late, time to go to bed.  Goodnight, I'm praying for you. 

 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Job turned to self medication to endure his trials.

Spankadoo said...

Hope you get on top of the headaches soon, they can be more erratic during perimenopause but i promise since my periods stopped so did my migraines!
Huge hugs and cuddles for the kitties

Heather Knits said...

Well, the Job comment didn't get a good reply but I deleted it due to "abusive". I understand people have strong opinions about God, either you love Him or you hate Him, but that was a little much.

I am praying for you every day - good things, I'm praying, and I'm sure other posters are too.