Friday, March 30, 2018

A little stiff and achy

Yesterday was pretty quiet, I just stayed home and tried to "recup" from my splat.  It wasn't bad, as things go. 

A friend at work fell over his cat, down a flight of stairs, and landed on his hands, breaking both wrists.  He had to have surgery for that, and was out of work for months. 

I just have some bruising on my legs, and a rather stiff right foot.  I'm just a little stiff and achy. 

Anyway, yesterday was pretty quiet, except we went out for Indian food.  It is a nice little restaurant.  I was a little dressier than normal: I destroyed my flip flops when I fell, so I had to wear my sandals.  We had a good time, and came home. 

We bought the driver an appetizer, and she loved it.  She got out of her vehicle and asked the owner what it was, and he told her.  She also said the image of the chicken (he has images of the food posted outside, on the glass windows) looked really good.  I'm betting she'll be back. 

Good, I would love to drum up a lot of business for them.  I posted a very good review on Google so I've done what I can. 

We came home.  I went to bed early. 

I'm not sleeping well.  Not because my legs and knees are black and blue (I would post an image but I haven't shaved my legs yet), but I have a canker sore on my tongue, I am a mouth breather and it hurts at night, wakes me up.  The bruising doesn't help, when I roll over, either.  It's just an accumulation of small things right now. 

However, everything above the waist is fine, back, arms, hands, head.  I didn't have to to go the hospital and I didn't have to explain my bruises at work (I am wearing jeans, like I was before anyway).  I can do our supply run tomorrow and I was able to work today. 

I slept fitfully last night and woke up late.  I took a shower and did my God Time later (before I got online).  We went to work. 

We had been gone for 3 days.  I was expecting "blown out" (empty) vending machines.  They were not empty.  That was disappointing.  If we're not selling then we're not making money.  I stocked what I could.  Ron had slow sales on canned soda, but the bottles did very well.  I helped him with them. 

We did our inventory and got an idea what we'd need for tomorrow.  I have been cleaning out the racks in the stockroom so I have a lot more room to store inventory now.  I had been stacking the chips on top of the Dr Pepper, which caused inconvenience for Ron.  Glad I did it, I don't know if I have a very small mania (I'm not talking a lot, or spending more than usual, and sleeping OK considering), or I just got motivated, but the racks look a lot better. 

The trick is filling the shelves back up, or the other vendor might want them.  Space is at a premium in this stockroom. 

So, busy day tomorrow.  I don't know if Ron planned anything for after work but it's too late to do it now, if he wanted.  I'll just have to look. 

Nope, just work and home.  I will have to try something out of my delicious canned foods.  I don't keep a lot of fresh food, in part because I have a very old refrigerator.  I know I can eat a can of lasagne and take that with my pills.  I imagine a can of chili would work as well. 

The cats are good, Torbie slept with me last night and during my nap today.  Then she went and slept with Ron after I got up.  Biscuit and Baby Girl are running around having fun.  I just cleaned the litter box so that's done. 

They really like that Fancy Feast Chicken Primavera.  They eat it down to crumbs.  Before, with the fishy foods, they would only eat 1/4 to 1/3 of it, and leave the rest.  This stuff, they love.  So I bought another case, the last time I went to Walmart.  It is more expensive than the other canned food but they're worth it. 

I do find it funny that they love eating the vegetables in the cat food. 

1 comment:

Spankadoo said...

When I lived in Texas my friends taught me to pour a heated can of chil or home made over an open bag of Fritos I forgot about it until you talked about “easy” and “canned” I imagine you could use any kind of corn chip like tortilla chips . Do you ever fix that for yourself it was a “Frito Pie” we topped it with whatever was in the fridge , grated cheddar or jack, salsa whatever . No dishes !

Btw I have given up dishes use paper plates every day. I work two jobs (you work six! being sarcastic but true!) and can not see trashing a kitchen to make a meal right now.

Much love and happy Easter! OH I watched kids egg hunt at a park yesterday it was like watching butterflies launch so pretty all the bright clothes !