Thursday, March 15, 2018

Around the Handout, again

Around the Handout: I had a pretty normal morning.  Did the Handout.  Came home on the bus.  This time, I set up the sign so it wouldn't rub up against anyone.  But it didn't matter because the bus was virtually empty. 

I rolled the cart down the main road of our subdivision and encountered a couple of small, cute, escaped dogs.  Probably not fixed, spring fever, got a heat and looking for man.  Or a bitch.  I mean that in the "female dog" sense.  They didn't bother me, I didn't bother them.  The fluffy white dog kept looking at me endearingly, but I told (her?) I was a cat lady, sorry.  Besides, she was clearly someone's pet.  I wouldn't have anywhere to put her, anyway.  My back fence is not tight and I sure couldn't bring a dog in the house. 

I got home and put away the cart, bag, and vest.  I have a mesh safety vest I wear when I'm working so I don't get run over.  I almost did, again, today.  A guy decided he wanted a Bible right as the light changed.  I had to run in front of an SUV.  The SUV was very nice about it.  I would have honked and done some hand gestures. 

Other people can be a lot nicer than me, sometimes.  Ron was drinking and playing music.  I told him I was home. 

We had about an hour before we went to Cracker Barrel.  I had a gift card from my (step) sister from Christmas.  We had the same driver both ways.  He was an interesting guy but boy we had a lot of him.  I was happy to get home. 

While at the restaurant, I gave Ron a hard time about eating a biscuit.  "Him!  You're eating Biscuit!"  Ron started choking on his food and had to take a drink. 

I just can't eat Biscuits anymore since I adopted him.  I also ate better than I had planned, I turned on "My 600 pound life" looking at the naked lady with all the fat really killed my desire to get a dessert for dinner.  I had the grilled chicken tenderloins.  They were pretty good but I am not a huge fan of chicken overall. 

We got home, it was 4 PM.  I tried to take a nap but it wasn't happening.  I will just have to catch up tonight.  I plan to go to bed early. 

Tomorrow will be busy, back to work, and then some errands.  I also want to get back to Walmart at some point and get some Fancy Feast chicken cat food.  Biscuit was so excited by the canned people - that sounds wrong - canned chicken for humans - that I would like to get him some chicken cat food.  I hope he would really enjoy it. 

Biscuit tends to get bored very easily with his food.  He'll eat it, but not much.  Bring in something new he loves and he devours it!  It really illustrates the difference.  He is a very big boy so I don't need to worry about him losing weight but I want to take care of him, make sure he's really enjoying his meals. 

He got in my lap today, all by himself, he stayed there for several minutes while I talked to him.  Torbie got jealous and tried to get in my lap, too, sat on his head even.  He didn't budge so she left.  Then he left a couple of minutes later and I never saw Torbie again. 

Torbie slept with me last night, and slept in my bed for the entire Bible Handout, as far as I can tell.  She was in my bed when I left, and when I came back. 

Baby Girl's been around but she's more Ron's cat, I don't see a lot of her unless she wants something.  Ron's asleep "I ate a big meal so it's pointless to drink" after our meal. 

That's it for today.  Have a good one, I am praying for you. 

No comments: