Friday, March 23, 2018

"You're famous, in Chicago!"

Last night I almost lost my temper online.  One of my FB "friends" - unfortunately the ones who came from LCF seem to run very liberal - posted a long "political rant".  The gist of it is, she wants her kids included at school.  She doesn't want her kids bullied, but she doesn't want her kids to have to be "nice" to those dangerous weird kids who are just as liable to kill her kid, as look at them. 

I pointed out that was a bit hypocritical and left it at that.  I also pointed out the "dangerous" weird kids are a very small minority of the kids at school, nothing to worry about.  But I doubt she listened.  If this continues, I will have to block her. 

I went to bed early.  I didn't sleep very well, even though I had Torbie, and reset my alarm when it went off at 1:30 AM.  I got up around 2:45 (pickup was 4).  I took my shower, did my God Time later (before I got online), and packed a protein bar and my medication. 

Our ride was on time and picked up someone else before we went to work.  We have had this driver a lot in the early morning. 

We got to work and I began stocking.  I have another snack machine now that they fixed the "down" one, so more work - sort of.  People aren't really using it yet so I didn't have to stock it.  I did have to rearrange the pork rinds, they needed an adjustment, but other than that it was fine. 

I did chips first, then cookies.  Then crackers and candy bars.  After that, pastries.  Somewhere in there I got hungry looking at all my "food" and ate my protein bar.  I took my pills.  I drank a can of diet soda. 

Some good news at work: the other vendor is taking care of the coffee machine now.  They get all the trouble, and the "money" as it were (a few hundred a month), we get freedom and no stress.  Seems like a good deal to all of us. 

So I could just focus on snacks and food, my department.  Then I helped Ron with his work, getting drinks for the bottled vendor.  We also got our delivery. 

I thought it was cute, when Ron called in the order he asked for our delivery man by name.   Dr Pepper operations now takes the phone call in Chicago.  I'll remind you I'm in Houston.  When Ron asked for the guy by name, the clerk said "Wow, he must be really good, everyone asks for him by name!"  I told him that today "You're famous in Chicago!" 

The repairman, when he came out on Wednesday, gave one of the other vendor's employees a really good compliment, so I made sure to tell the guy himself, and his bosses, about it.  I believe in letting people know that people are saying good things about them. 

I helped Ron do his work and we finished up a couple of minutes before the pickup time.  I did a quick inventory and texted it to Ron, then we left. 

We had to ride with him to go home.  This driver, for whatever reason, has gone utterly insane with the air freshener.  It is overpowering.  It is like riding inside a Glade Plug-in.  It gets in my hair, and on my clothes.  I reek of cheap air freshener for hours afterward.  Ron's allergies go nuts and he has a lot of trouble. 

As you can imagine, Ron was quite vociferous on the way home, calling in one complaint after another.  The driver was adamant he was doing nothing wrong, but he "let" me put a window down for Ron.  Some people take a little bit of power and go crazy.  And I'm stuck between two very strong willed personalities.  I did not play peacemaker.  I just encouraged Ron to be calm and let him know we were almost home. 

When we got home, I got Ron in the house.  I smelled my hair.  Yup.  It reeked.  It still does.  He must use some kind of spray all over the seats.  He says he does it because some clients have a bad body odor.  No one smells that bad.  Hopefully a supervisor will talk to him about it and he will moderate his usage of this stuff, whatever it is. 

I took a nap, I hadn't slept well last night.  I slept OK for a couple of hours but woke up with a pretty nasty headache; possibly from the air freshener.  I didn't eat any trigger foods. 

So I took an Excedrin.  We went out to a fish place near the house.  We had a good ride to get there and a nice waitress. 

I had the fried plate.  Basically everything in the net, rolled in cornmeal batter and fried.  Plus a stuffed crab.  It came with cole slaw and fries but I didn't eat them.  I did have key lime pie for dessert.  Ron had a shrimp appetizer and then a basket with shrimp and fries. 

We had a good meal, talked, kept it positive.  He only had one beer, even when the waitress offered him another one. 

He called a cab to go home because he didn't like our pickup time.  The driver was nice about putting up the wheelchair.  Some of them stand there and watch me do it, this guy took it away and did it himself. 

We got home, got our wheelchair, went in the house.  I did my God Time.  Then I talked to Ron some more, about Torbie.  She was laying next to him purring so loud I could hear her from the door way.  He was petting her. 

I checked my blood sugar, it had been 2 hours since I ate.  140 - good.  I cleaned the litter boxes and washed my hands.  Torbie was still with Ron. 

I fed the cats (dry food) and got online. 

Tomorrow will be somewhat busy.  We go to the warehouse, buy supplies, go to work, put it away.  We shouldn't need to stock because we did a "big" stock today.  We go home, take a nap. 

Sunday should be interesting.  Ron agreed to go to church on Sunday so we will try to make that work.  It is tricky because the transit service doesn't go all the way to the church.  So that will be an adventure. 

It will be nice to talk about the Bible Handouts with people who are interested in evangelism.  I don't have many people like that in my day to day life; they are all mainly recipients.  Nothing wrong with that but it will be nice to talk to some other evangelism minded people. 

God wants me working on a team.  I have a good team, don't get me wrong.  I have prayer warriors, donors, and recipients.  It would be nice though to talk to someone who actually cares about reaching the unreached, though. 

I still have some issues with the pastor saying "You don't need mental illness drugs" but I have to assume, if I laid all mine out for him and explained just how evil I get without them, he would understand.  Nothing I take is addictive, all of it has serious side effects.  Besides, I don't need anyone's permission to medicate.  I know it is God's will for me to take my medication. 

They are also having a potluck, which should be fun.  They do these periodically, I think it comes from the New Testament, the early church ate a lot together.  As long as I stay away from chocolate and peanuts I should be fine. 

I plan to go to bed early tonight.  Last night I had a nightmare about my sister, that she was back in my life.  I'm still not in touch with her due to several issues, I felt she was abusive to her daughter the night before her wedding; she was engaged in some fraud; she was a terrible employee; she divorced her husband because he was autistic; and I felt she was trying to break up my marriage so I would move there and be her caregiver.  I also feel her church is a cult. 

One of the worst experiences of my life was when she called me one day to tell me they had done a big handout of the cult Bibles, at a state fair.  I was horrified.  She said I gave her the idea and that's the last thing I wanted her to do.  I didn't say anything. 

I could handle Ron, or her, but not both. 

So, hopefully, no nightmares tonight.  Busy day tomorrow and Sunday. 

I just hope Ron sticks with the going to church thing. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I still have some issues with the pastor saying "You don't need mental illness drugs"

That pastor is truly evil. You are strong enough to know you need your meds. Others may actually listen to him. He should be in jail or at least removed from the position of power. But god apparently let's the devil work among his flock.