Monday, March 19, 2018

One of my worst Mondays in a while

I started getting the headache last night at about 4 PM.  It got worse. I took some Tylenol, didn't really help, now I can't take anything for hours. 

I went to bed.  The pain got worse.  I took some magnesium citrate, I haven't taken it in about a week so I know I needed some magnesium.  It did help some for a while, then the headache came roaring back. 

I didn't sleep well.  I woke up around 4 AM, the time for my alarm, and began vomiting.  I didn't know Ron was awake, but he heard me.  It wasn't just once, either.  I was down to vomiting bile.  I felt and sounded pathetic. 

Ron decided, on his own, to cancel work, which involved a lot of fast talk with the other vendor.  I threw up again. 

When I get sick, I get sick in a 3 gallon bucket.  It is very effective.  I don't like to kneel down over a toilet when I'm getting sick, assuming I even make it to the toilet. 

Anyway, pretty sad scene, Ron rolls in big hero.  I curl up in a ball for hours.  I haven't puked in a while so I drank some Powerade, it stayed down.  Yay Powerade.  I drank that off when I woke up, I'd have a few sips and go back to sleep. 

I got up around 4.  The headache was fading, so only a one day migraine.  I got "lucky" this time. 

I went in Ron's room to ask about a trip for tomorrow and he was utterly drunk.  I asked for one thing, a trip to the taqueria, 2 to 2:45, tomorrow.  When I checked with him just now he said he didn't understand what I wanted.  He was very, very, drunk.  Overall, though, he was pretty quiet. 

Once my head felt better I ate some quinoa.  I wanted something sweet after that so I ate some watermelon (I had bought it already cut up).  The watermelon was not optimal but good enough.  Then I cleaned the litter boxes.  I had needed to do that for a little bit and had planned to do it last night - until the migraine.  The cats were understanding and used it anyway. 

Ron is still totally drunk, swimming in a soft sea of ethanol.  [sigh]  I guess it's too much to ask him to stay sober when I'm sick.  He saw it as a day off and took advantage. 

He kept offering to take me out to dinner, but I'm having a hard enough time with the quinoa.  I'm not nauseous, but it isn't digesting quickly. 

Ugh.  I think I'll go back to bed. 

No comments: