Tuesday, March 6, 2018

I hate to tell Ron I'm going my God Time

1.  Ron acts like I am cheating on him, calling some other man. 
2.  He says it is a waste of time. 
3.  Personal attacks on me and my faith for a while. 
4.  Keeps interrupting me.  I finally told him to "pretend I am asleep".  It helped, a little, but not much. 
5.  Spent the whole time I was praying, drinking. 

You get the idea.  I finally told him "Ron, everything good you admire about me comes from my faith.  Why are you attacking it?"  Then he said he wasn't, but... and then he went off again. 

UGH.  No wonder I normally get up a couple hours before him to "do it".  I shouldn't have to skulk around and lie by omission.  He gets angry that I am putting something above him, but, frankly, God is more important. 

God only knows what I would have done to him by now if I didn't have my faith.  You'd think he would see that. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather it's me the moron lol.
Warfare still going...when the fiery darts come from family that's the easiest to spot. I've been dodging them in my house lately. So far they haven't stuck but it's sure been tense around here.

Anonymous said...

Ron is a narcissist and that is why he doesn't want you doing anything for yourself. He is angry in part because he knows that god doesn't do anything. I wonder how many prayers he made to god to heal his back, etc that went unanswered. Perhaps he drinks to numb this reality too. Since ron spends most of his time drinking you can't really say he was doing anything different while you were doing your praying.

Heather Knits said...

Actually, Ron doesn't really ask God to heal his back (Ron prays very loudly so I overhear). He prays for God to take him back to heaven, to "hurry up" or "I'm going to fire You". He goes on at great length about how he wants God to "hurry". I tell him there are still yet unreached, and if he really wants to "hurry" God up he should come on some Bible Handouts with me. He generally declines.