Thursday, March 22, 2018

I hate my nightmares

Today we went to Walmart.  Ron agreed he didn't mind going to Walmart if we didn't go after work, and didn't go too long.   So we made the trip. 

Our pickup was late so we lost some time there.  Then we had to pick up a woman at a condo complex nearby.  There are a couple of clients that live over there.  It is "OK", not that great, has a huge no trespassing sign, and is not surrounded by a metal fence like most apartments in Houston. 

Anyway, she took her sweet time coming out.  Her man came out, he weighed about 500 pounds.  I don't know how he got up the stairs but he did.  He was carrying a plate full of pastries and other carbs.  I had to notice a correlation between the food and the weight. 

Then she came out in her electric wheelchair.  She had sores on her leg, weighed well over 500 pounds.  The van literally tipped to the side as the lift got her off the ground.  She parked and immediately demanded the snack plate, and began eating.  I couldn't bear to watch and looked the other way. 

They wanted to know where we were going.  When I told them, she complained that, the last time they had been dropping/picking up at a Walmart, she had demanded he buy her a hamburger and he had refused.  She kept complaining about that.  He said it was a "bad" Walmart, and he didn't want to get robbed.  He told us where it was and I agreed, it was a "bad" Walmart.  It has a reputation as "The Ghetto Walmart" with the drivers. 

We finally got to Walmart.  Last night, I had a series of nightmares.  The worst involved Tokyo getting nuked, I don't know by who.  I was in a panic when I woke up.  I was glad I was already going to Walmart because I wanted to get some canned food. 

I didn't sleep well the rest of the night.  I hope my dream means nothing.  I really do.  I don't think I have the power to make things happen but occasionally God will allow people to get a glimpse beforehand. 

I remember one guy on Rapture Ready.  Early September, 2001, he had a dream, and stats talking about how we need to pray for suicide bombers because we know they are going to hell.  He said he had a real burden to do this.  Then 9/11.  We were all like, whoa.  He has had some more dreams since then but hasn't shared them. 

I don't want that. 

Anyway, we got to Walmart.  I parked Ron.  I had a half an hour.  I bought some bottled water, cat litter, canned cat food (the Primavera one), canned people food (that dream fresh in my mind), etc. 

I rushed to finish and found out they had redone the ride so it wouldn't come for an hour.  Great.  I bought the driver a hamburger and made my deposit.  Then the ride showed up. 

He was a nice guy and remembered us fondly.  We had a little quibble over who would lift the heavy stuff, I wanted to do it, he wanted to do it.  I put the heavy stuff in and he took it out.  He even helped put the cat litter into the garage - above and beyond.  Why didn't we call in a compliment on him? 

We got home.  I put the cold stuff away and stored the bottled water.  I took a nap. 

I forgot to turn off my phone so some spam calls woke me up, but I slept OK.  I think I had Torbie, too.  I love to sleep with a cat. 

Ron was decent to me today and said some nice things.  I have to go to bed now because I have to wake up at 1:30 tomorrow morning for our ride. 

It's going to be an interesting day tomorrow. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ron being decent and “saying nice things” doesn’t erase the recent abhorrent verbal abuse and sexual harassment of the waitress, so don’t let him fool you. It’s nice to look at the positive but he is a PROVEN manipulator. Narcissistic manipulator. Hugs Heather.

Spankadoo said...

So so sorry about the nightmares but considering you live in a battle zone and I am 100% sure you must suffer PTSD from the life you are living now. Nightmares are not at all surprising. They are red flags your body and mind are sending you that you are living in a combat zone yourself and nothing you have done in life warrants what this man is putting you through it is inhumane sometimes. There sorry I had to say it.
Heather pay attention to your own health please. You are worth saving this man does not own you
Everyone deserves to not suffer abuse. Many huge hugs the kitties can not stand this stress either honestly they know there is a problem