Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Another day, another headache (and a trip to Walmart)

I went to bed early last night, and woke up in the middle of the night with a headache so bad I took my 8-hour Tylenol.  I was able to go back to sleep but it only knocked it down a little.  Pretty nasty. 

I did some research into warning headaches.  Ones you should go to the ER, sudden, severe headache, etc.  Loss of vision or paralysis.  Trouble speaking.  I don't have any of those.  They build while I'm sleeping and I wake up to them. 

I have pretty much eliminated caffeine and aspartame so that's not it.  I have other triggers, I just have to find them.  An allergen blood test said I had mild allergies to crab (which I love), garlic (also loved it), and "bean soup mix" (I can live without that).  I realized that a lot of headaches I had back then tracked to eating garlic previously.  So I pretty much eliminated the garlic. 

But I figure I have other triggers.  I took my shower and did my God Time, got Ron dressed (he can pretty much take care of himself if I remind him of things).  We went to Walmart. 

We had the driver find us a kiddie cart, then I took him in.  We went to the bill pay center and paid the electric bill.  Ron entered the wrong routing number years ago (possibly when drunk, he won't admit it though) and the electric company refuses to take any electronic payments anymore.  So it's either write a check or go to the bill pay center.  We go to the center. 

I pushed him around as I did our shopping, we bought some food.  I got kale and quinoa, not together but 2 bags of precooked quinoa and a bag of raw kale.  There was a couple manhandling the loose broccoli, complaining about it, I had to ask them to move so I could get the kale.  Then they stared at me, riveted, as I selected a bag of kale.  They made me glad I got all my vegetables in prepackaged plastic bags. 

I got Ron his Tums.  The good news on him eating antacids, he is getting some calcium.  I just wish I could get him to take some magnesium. 

I wanted mayo because it goes bad pretty fast.  I only consume mayo at home when I am making a tuna salad, and I haven't, lately.  I (correctly) figured my mayo had expired and I would need a fresh one.  I couldn't walk down the aisle, though, two extremely obese women in scooters were parked next to each other, jabbering about Olive Garden Balsamic dressing.  They couldn't accept it was sold out.  No one wanted to get up and look for it, so they just sat in their electric scooters, blocking the aisle.  I had to park Ron and walk between one of them and the shelves, so I could get my mayo.  I almost had to ask them to move, because one of them was pretty much in front of the mayo.  Well, she was in front of the Miracle Whip.  I don't use that stuff, I prefer real mayo.  So I managed to get it with a little difficulty. 

Then we went over the canned meat aisle.  I got tuna and Ron wanted some shelf stable meals.  He likes them because they don't take up room in the fridge.  He can eat them cold or heat them up in the microwave. 

I knew I had plenty of lemon pepper for the tuna salad, so I wasn't worried about that. 

I didn't get any crap food, just grapes.  I figured they would be a good, safe, treat. 

No chips, no ice cream, nothing.  Not even a diet drink mix.  I did buy a Diet Dr Pepper on my way out, though. 

Next, I went to get cat food.  I didn't know something I found out later so I got them Tuna Feast.  Then I got some plates for the cat food (disposable, 6 inch foam).  After we checked out, I got us some hamburgers from McDonald's.  I got Ron a double cheeseburger with bacon, mine was my usual double cheeseburger with only ketchup. 

We ate our burgers while waiting on our ride.  She came and loaded the wheelchair, then I put up my crap.  Some clients, and their "providers" expect the driver to be their personal slave, putting things away, taking it up to the house, etc.  That's not her job, it's mine.  That's why I get to ride for free. 

So we got home and I put everything in the garage, handed Ron the toilet paper, and put the groceries in the house.  I pushed Ron in the house.  He was laughing.  I didn't know why until I took the toilet paper, he had hidden a bottle of vodka under the TP.  He knows I won't help him (and that includes pushing him in the house) if he has alcohol. 

I was a little peeved but I shook it off.  I chased him out of the kitchen until I could put everything away. 

I took my pills, including my antidepressant (that's always good for aggravating a headache!), and then a nap.  I didn't sleep very well because the Excedrin and the antidepressant had me pretty wired up.  I napped a little, though. 

I got up after a couple of hours and decided to organize the tuna by sell by date.  I had some that needs to be used in a year (front) and tuna that is good for years to come (back of the cabinet).  I also found a few small expired things I got rid of.  I took the jar of pintos (those things would be rock hard if I tried to cook them) out, making room for Biscuit!  He climbed in the cabinet.  He had so much fun sniffing around and exploring.  I didn't have the heart to move him.  He stayed long enough I had time to take a good photo. 

I found a can of chicken that was only "good" for another week.  I have an ambiguous attitude toward canned food sell by dates.  On the one hand, I don't think the food decides to go bad after a certain day, on the other hand, I don't want to get botulism.  I generally err on the side of caution. 

I opened up the can of chicken and drank off the broth.  And Biscuit went nuts, jumped on the counter and started gobbling the chicken right out of the can.  And I felt awful, because, if I'd known, I could have bought him a case of chicken cat food.  He sure liked the people chicken, though.  I finally took it away because I was worried he'd get sick. 

I had a can of tuna I had dropped on the floor and dented very badly.  I wouldn't trust it to hold up in storage, so I opened it.  And Torbie went nuts, wanting tuna.  I gave her some and finally had to take it away.  I was worried she'd get sick. 

At least she can eat the tuna flavored cat food we bought today. 

I mixed up the canned meats, added some lemon pepper, and mayo.  It was pretty good, very filling, and low carb.  It shouldn't be a headache trigger either. 

I logged everything I ate, yesterday and today.  I plan to keep logging my foods. 

I plan to go to bed pretty soon and get a good night's sleep.  The headache is pretty much gone, hopefully I can get some sleep. 

Have a good one, I am praying for you. 

No comments: