Monday, March 26, 2018

3 days in one, sorry about that

Saturday, our usual supply run.  Pretty uneventful except Jack's arm was bothering him.  It didn't stop him from working, though.  I hope he gets better soon.  I came home, took a nap, we went out to dinner. 

Ron got Indian food, I got Mexican.  When I tested my blood sugar 2 hours after eating, it was 100, which is fantastic.  So I can keep eating quesadillas and shrimp tacos.  The texture was a little off on the shrimp, I was worried about getting sick, but I didn't. 

Sunday we went to church.  For most, not a big deal.  For us, a very big production.  We took paratransit to a BBQ restaurant near the church.  Then we called a cab to take us to the church (paratransit does not do directly to the church).  It took a while but we got someone.  We had an interesting discussion, the driver was pretty angry at God, very angry at the Catholic church, and said he didn't need salvation, he could stand before God on his own.  Words to make any evangelical cringe. 

We finally got to church, had a good time.  They had a potluck, after.  We ate.  It was fun.  Then, trying to get a cab back to the BBQ place, we waited almost 45 minutes.  The church guys were just standing around with us going "Why don't you take a Uber?"  Well, I don't want my bank account hooked to my phone in any way.  I don't even have my email on my phone. 

The same guy came back for us.  One of the church guys gave him a Bible, which he took.  It was odd to see someone else distributing Bibles for a change. 

We got back to the BBQ place.  I had a piece of pie and some diet soda.  We waited almost another hour on our ride home.  And then we got stuck in traffic. 

Houston traffic often closes the freeways on the weekend, to do road work.  They did that with our freeway but none of us knew until we got stuck in traffic.  Stuck in traffic for 2 hours.  Ron was pretty well behaved about it, and I tried not to talk too much. 

We left the house at 9, and got home at 5.  Poor Baby Girl fell all over Ron when he got home, putting her front paws and head in his lap.  He picked her up and put her in his lap, and she let him.  She is very bonded to Ron. 

I was beat, I went to bed. 

This morning the alarm went off at 4, but I was tired and reset it.  I got up and got ready for work (did my God Time later, before I got online).  We went to work. 

The big boss had said we needed to write up, and sign, an agreement about the coffee vending machine.  We did that and I mailed it.  Then I told the other guy he could have all our coffee stuff.  He said yes to the cups, no to the rest, so I later threw out what he didn't want. 

I decided, since we had a decent amount of time at work, to help Ron with his work first and then do mine.  That worked pretty well, except he kept bugging me during "my" time.  I got everything filled, it looked great, got the sandwich delivery, stocked that, everything's looking good. 

Then I cleaned up the stockroom, some.  I threw out some stuff on Saturday, making a lot more room, and then today I threw out more.  One more "round" and I should be done.  I am throwing the stuff into communal dumpsters so I need to be respectful and not hog the whole thing.  Anyway, things looked good in the stockroom and in the machines.  I was/am happy.  We left. 

We came home with a really nice driver who asked about the cats, by name.  I thought that was very sweet.  While at a red light, I showed her a photo of Biscuit on my cell phone. 

We got home, I took a nap.  I woke up with a nasty headache and had to take some Excedrin.  I hope that doesn't affect my sleep tonight. 

I turned on the dryer, the clothes were wet from the other night when I washed them, and sat down to do my God Time.  About halfway through the prayer portion I heard a thump on the porch.  I know that thump.  That's a case of Bibles landing on my concrete.  Then the doorbell rang. 

I wasn't dressed so I threw on a bathrobe and ran outside with a Bible Promise book.  I thanked the driver, apologized for the load, and he was very nice about it.  Then I gave him the book, which he took.  Yay. 

Then I looked at the porch.  That's a lot of Bibles! 

I had to bring them in the house but I knew the cats would run out if I did.  So I locked up the cats, one with Ron, two in the bedroom (well, I thought I shut the door, but I didn't.  No one got out, though).  Ron was very ugly about that.  I brought everything in and stacked it up by the front door.  The dryer went off, still damp, and I set it to run again. 

Now I need to do my prep work for tomorrow's Bible Handout, all Spanish.  At church they kept asking me if I speak Spanish and I said "Not really".  I only know how to order takeout and curse someone out.  I didn't tell the church people, that.  The church people kept acting like no Spanish would be a barrier to a handout and I told them I've done it before.  It went fine before, it will go fine again.  God is the director of all this, I'm just an actor.  I just need to look up how to say "Please pray instead" when someone wants to give me money. 

I'm playing my favorite playlist and having a pretty good time.  Ron is angry and bitter today, but I remind myself he probably has biochemical issues at play there.  I remember, before my diagnosis, nothing made me happy and I was angry/depressed all the time.  Horrible way to live. 

Oh, and that reminds me, I need to do up my pills for the next couple weeks.  And, pretty soon, I need to get my blood test for my lithium level.  I don't want Doc yelling at me when I go in for my visit. 

That's it for now, sorry I didn't post for a couple days but I was beat after the kind of days I've been having. 

No comments: