Thursday, February 13, 2014

Whoever someone was

My head's still twingey and I have NO appetite. 

I have chosen not to eat.  Drinks are OK, and I've been drinking my usual decaf diet iced tea.  I was able to work a little. 

Enough to determine that our machines were moved a fair distance by ???  someone.  Whoever someone was, they didn't break anything.  All the machines are operational.  The food machine has an odd lean to the right, and the bottle vendor's sitting on a Postal Pallet.  I have my theories. 

They didn't "go through channels" but they didn't break them either.  They went to some effort to get the machines moved; move the electrical so the machines work, and while they may have left a lot of very dirty fingerprints all over the machines, at the end of the day they're working. 

I'll clean the machines tomorrow.  I couldn't stand the idea of using any cleanser today.  They took about 15 feet off the room and put up a temporary wall.  But, my machines are still there, and, more importantly, working. 

Mainly, I got some drinks at the warehouse and took them to work.  I put them on the cart and Ron stocked.  I had a look at the machines, put a case of water in our fridge (at the other end of the building).  I did a snack inventory. 

Then we left.  At first, we waited out front.  That wasn't feasible anymore due to construction and heavy equipment.  We moved somewhere else, but they are going to demolish that soon.  I'm not sure where we'll go from there but I need to look around. 

I had Ron call in a compliment on yesterdays' driver, the one who was so nice when I got sick in the bucket, in his cab.  A lot of drivers wouldn't have been so kind.  I hope he gets a bonus or something. 

We had a little wait to go home, but not too bad.  It got up in the 60's and sunny. 

Tomorrow, Valentine's day.  We plan to work. 

No comments: