Friday, February 21, 2014

Glad I have my meds, today.

I should probably start with last night.  Some joker decided to play loud Mexican polka music around 9 PM, an hour after I went to bed. 

Ron and I were complaining, of all things, about the other neighbors.  "Can't they call the police?  Why does it always have to be us?"  After about 10 minutes (we were going to take a little walk to see who was the culprit), it stopped. 

Apparently someone did call.   

I tried to go back to bed, but I was pretty wound up.  I was a little anxious about the litterboxes, they looked a little full.  I decided to get up and clean the boxes; did that, all 4. 

Then I went to bed. 

I had planned to wake up at 4, but it was already about 10.  That would not happen, and, as Ron says "God's not going to get you if you do your God Time later".  I set my alarm so I could get my shower and watch the weather before leaving, but not much more. 

I did that, and off we went to the warehouse club.  We needed to get drinks.  We got them and I loaded them in the vehicle.  The drivers are always so delighted when I refuse assistance.  Some of them help anyway, but they know I wasn't going to make them. 

We got to work and I saw the other vendor's vehicle.  I told Ron.  He'd forgotten they are there on Friday mornings. 

Hm.  Awkward! 

I prayed about it a little.  We have an outer room.  The inner room contains the stockroom and my handcart.  I went into the outer room and saw "my" cart pulled out and near the door.  Good.  I grabbed it and left. 

I know they must have heard me. 

I went out and loaded the cart.  I pushed it in, Ron trailing me.  I encountered the other vendors leaving.  She kind of freaked out and yelled at her husband to go out the other door. 

What did she think would happen?  I don't know, but I smiled and said hello. 

They left, we went in.  I saw their employee, a very nice guy.  We talked a bit while Ron put the drinks in the fridge (our primary objective).  We took the canned drinks to our area, Ron riding on my cart. 

As I left, I encountered their repairman.  Let's just say when he didn't have a key to our machines, suddenly we had more money.  Then we were told an impossible story of how he had "fixed" the door problem that was the real cause of our money shortages.  The story was more insulting than the theft. 

Anyway, I smiled and was nice to him. When he saw me getting ready to push the cart, he told me to pull it, instead.  "I'd wreck my rotator cuff" I told him.  It's just simple body mechanics.  If I push it I am using butt and leg muscles.  If I pull I am using some very small shoulder muscles. 

I know that much from a safety poster at work, and my own anatomy experience weightlifting. 

I told the repairman, and the employee, that I was very happy they had fixed both the broken food machines, and I meant it.  That will get back to the other vendor.  We're not malicious or vindictive. 

Ron stocked sodas while I stocked the cookies (the mini chocolate chip are very popular, and the warehouse had been out for a while).  I also did an inventory and a "pull". 

Time to go. We left, put up the cart, and gone. 

We had a pretty short wait on our ride.  It was the same driver who brought us back from Doc yesterday.  He's one of my favorites. 

We went back to the warehouse and got more soda for the second location (3 cases).  We went there and stocked.  About that time the nice little manic turned into an evil depression. 

I did run by the dollar store and get a few items (mainly some degreaser oven cleaner).  We came home and I tried to take a nap. 

Apparently the next door neighbor (the one with the 5 kids) is also doing daycare.  Two boys I didn't recognize were kicking a ball around in the yard. 

We had a problem with these drop-off/carpool things.  They come and go in the morning.  I think the 5 kids go to 2 different schools. 

Anyway, our Metrolift was in the driveway.  Right as Ron got in one of their vehicles pulled behind us, at the bottom of OUR driveway, and stopped, blocking us in.  I said, OH NO and got out. 

I went down my driveway and waved them up, pointing at MY vehicle trying to get out of MY driveway.  They pulled forward. 

I think I told you about the middle boy next door.  I've caught him pulling boards off my fence and running wild in my backyard (it is fenced and gated).  I had to write his father a letter.  Anyway, that kid, of all of them, says "Where are they going?" 

I said "We have to go to work" and got back in the vehicle. 

Oh, well, at least he speaks English now. He didn't, a couple years ago. 

Ron wanted to know, so I told him.  It's a good thing he didn't get out.  His filter's broke and a lot of very bad language came out.  I had to remind him we were not alone. 

When we came home, a car came to pick up the two stranger boys.  I noticed it pulled into the neighbor's driveway, blocking their parked van, instead of impeding our vehicle.

I'm glad they at least know we are working.  We aren't just professionally disabled running little errands, we are working citizens.  That ought to get us a little more respect. 

Ron wanted to know what I'd like to do tomorrow. 

It's funny, because I'm a ultra rapid cycler.  If you ask me before noon, I'll want an exciting outing.  If you ask me after noon I just want to end the depression forever and don't care. 

Ron asked me after noon.  I said, work.  We can get the snacks I need, and stock them. 

I like to stay busy when I'm battling a depression. 

No comments: