Sunday, February 2, 2014

I just doon't need that in my life.

Sometimes I wish I'd studied a little psychology.  Then I remember what my husband, the former psych major, told me "I realized that most people were really messed up and didn't want to get better."  That's when he went into business. 

I tend to take people at face value.  I was once accused of being "extremely naive and trusting" and that's still true enough to hurt.  I have yet to realize there are people who seek out drama, create drama, and will bait people in order to create drama if they feel they don't have "enough". 

With the life I've had, I crave peace, quiet, and a little companionship.  I don't want drama.  I don't want a lot of strong and intense emotions running around my mental room, knocking things over and upsetting Ron and the cats. 

But that's me. 

Last night, and a few other times, Ron has asked me to share some about my childhood.  "Why did they?" he'll ask.  "Ron!" I tell him "I don't know!  I don't want to get to the place where I ever understand why that was OK!  I don't care!  I'm just glad I'm away from that!".  I feel that way now.  I don't want to get to the place where I understand why people think it is good, appropriate, and stimulating to create dramas. 

Now, if your pet dies, that's one thing.  I will console you.  I'll suggest you go to the shelter when you're ready.  I will pray for you.  If you're a real victim, I'll do what I can to help, even if it's "only" prayer. 

But (making up something here) you let slip to your boss' wife that you know she had work, and think she looks "sickly"; then come to me and say you're worried about losing your job, I'll just tell you good luck.  I will probably pray for you to resolve whatever issue led you to do that.  But I'm not going to allow myself to get sucked into it.  You made your mess.  You will have to clean it up. 

Ron worries about me.  I think he confuses my passionate nature with drama-seeking.  I get "intense" because I am a passionate, intense person.  I can get "intense" over an issue that doesn't even move me deeply. 

Look at all my rants about the kids playing ball against the side of my house!  Perfect example.  At the end of it, I know it doesn't matter, but I still get worked up.  Maybe that is part of the Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.  Maybe it's the bipolar.  Maybe it's my own unique wiring, aside from either issue.  God will tell me one day.  I do wish I could tone it down sometimes. 

However, when I call "drama queen" on someone I remove myself.  They want a dialogue, I don't give that, I just delete and block.  I didn't know it, but sometimes you have to go in twice to unfriend and block.  I did it. 

I started, in two recent cases, with unfollowing their posts.  I found the posts provoking.  So I got rid of the posts.  Now, if they needed prayer or whatever they could message me, or they could comment on things I wrote. 

However, when one person continued tagging me and specifically trying to bait me, I unfriended them.  When she sent a long, self-righteous message, I blocked without reading it.  I'm starting to understand why she often posts these "Why can't we all get along" messages.  She sets out to upset someone, then cries victim to everyone else. 

I just don't need that in my life. 

No comments: