Saturday, February 22, 2014

Blind people don't play jacks

Ron quotes from today:
Blind people don't play jacks. 

Just because you're in the toilet, don't act like a turd. 

Yeah, it was that kind of day. 

More music last night, but I did get to bed early.  I actually woke up before the alarm.  I'm always tired.  Always.  But I was a little less tired than usual. 

I got up, did my shower and God Time.  Then I "checked the mail".  I hadn't checked it in days and I had a theory about #19.  Sure enough, the party machine vehicle is in the driveway - he is affiliated, in some way, with the homeowners. 

Ron will call and have the HOA send the owners a letter.  If it gets bad he wants me to write one of my letters to the owners.  Since they are latina, and I have never met a latina who wasn't hugely into "family", I will remind them of the little disabled boy living next door, and his mother, imagine she has just gotten him to sleep and then... of course I will pray on it. 

It's not about control - it's about respect for children and people trying to sleep after a long day at work.  Anyway...

Our ride was late.  If that wasn't bad enough, he complained his tire was low.  I directed him to the nearest gas station, ran inside, and got a snack.  He got the tire filled but it took a while.  Then we had to go get someone at dialysis. 

I told him, I am never doing that.  "But you have to do all you can"  Why?  Ron died and he said it was great.  I could tell I got him thinking. 

I also didn't get into the "have to go off my meds" aspect of the whole thing.  That is unacceptable.  I'll die sane, thank you. 

So, we went.  They have 3 dialysis centers within one block.  "They have more of these than they do McDonald's!" I exclaimed.  The driver agreed. 

We got dropped at the warehouse, very late.  So late, Ron had to reschedule his pickup.  I went in and got my snack items, Ron's soda, and a folding chair for me.  It's a "Mity-lite Flex one folding chair".   Here's a link.  It's wonderful.  I'm sitting in mine now.  link

I plan to (and did) use it when we're waiting on paratransit.  I can have a very long wait just standing there, after I've been on my feet forever.  It's often the worst part of my day. 

Our ride came.  I had left Ron near the front door, and that's where the driver went.  I attempted to go out the front door (they have someone greeting who could have checked my reciept), but the exit door lady treated me like a criminal, yelled at me, and took a very long time checking the receipt when she realized I was in a hurry.  Then she made me go around the side, come back in the entrance, get Ron, and go back out to the vehicle. 

Ron was pretty irked.  He called in a complaint once we got loaded.  We are regular customers, in several times a week.  There's no call to treat us that way. 

I did all the loading, of course.  Ron held the chair. 

We had a bad address so we went out of the way and lost about 45 minutes.  Ron had to call, again, and suspend our pickup from work. 

We finally got to work.  I got everything on the hand cart.  We got to our area.  And everything's dead.  No power. 

Ron went outside and made some agitated phone calls.  I figured, well, I can stack a dead snack machine just as well as I'd stock a live one (I pull out the trays manually).  I got my label gun and got to work tagging pastry.  Ron sat down in a chair, dejected. 

I was about halfway through the first vending machine when things became brighter.  Then I realized the machine had power and the LED's had lit.  Yay!  I did a little happy dance, told Ron, and continued.  I got all of them stocked.  They look good, but #1 needs a snickers variety pack. 

It's funny, the linup.  Number 3, 1, 2.  Food machine.  Changer.  "Beast" (bottle vendor).  Then at the other end we have soda 1, 3, and 2.  Oh well, we know who we're talking about. 

I had to deal with Ron's toxic, negative, energy and a truly depressing Vietnam movie.  The guys were riveted.  I forget how many of them are veterans.  We finally left, locked everything up, and headed out to the street. 

When we got the ride back it took them a while to find a driver.  So, we waited.  I was really glad I had my nice comfy chair.  It gets 5 stars.  We'll see if it's durable but I love it so far. 

The guy went to the wrong place, then had some trouble with the "account trip" aspect.  I was a little annoyed until I heard his phone conversation.  It was apparent his live in girlfriend was leaving him that day.  "So that's it?" he said "You get your tax return and you're gone?'  Ouch. 

The neighbors (with all the kids) were gone.  I had just laid down for a nap when I heard them coming home.  However, they went in the house and stayed there.  I don't have a problem with playing kids.  I do have a problem with playing kids kicking a soccer ball into a fence just a couple feet from my head. when I'm trying to sleep. 

I took my pills before my nap and they sat well.  Good.  I don't like medication drama. 

Ron swears we are getting a couple days off, in a row. 

You know, that sounds pretty good.  I don't even want to go to Walmart. 




No comments: