Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Power Couple

Pretty depressed today. 

That said, I did sleep very well last night.  That's always a gift. 

I got up around 7 and we went to the bank.  They weren't wierd this time, about changing my $1 bills for $20's (I got paid, late but that's OK).  We sat down and waited. 

Our ride wouldn't come for almost an hour, so I decided to walk to the convenience store and buy a snack.  However, I had some severe anxiety crossing the busy street, and then again coming back. 

"It's pathetic" I told Ron "You're the one who got run over, but I'm the one with Post Traumatic Stress!"   I didn't have a full blown panic attack, but it wasn't pretty, either.  Ron commisserated.  He's pretty good about that. 

For a guy who got run over, dragged, and then screwed over in multiple ways, Ron has a really good attitude about the accident.  I could stand to emulate it. 

Anyway, I drank my soda.  I like the Sunkist Orange diet soda.   I could see it as a new favorite. 

After the bank, we went to the warehouse.  Ron needed soda.  I didn't get any snacks because they all looked good yesterday. 

Another long wait on a pickup, and then off to work.  We did pick up a guy at a mobile home park.  We had actually looked over there during our home search, 10 years ago.  They wanted us to pay $800 a month for way more home than we needed, on a tiny lot.  It does look pretty nice for a mobile home park but it wasn't my thing.  Not to mention, $800 was about twice what we wanted to pay. 

Before taxes and insurance, our mortgage on a 2 bedroom home, about 7 thousand square foot lot, is $450.  That's with a higher interest rate, too.  We made the right call.  It's a nice quiet neighborhood. 

If anything, a little too nice.  I think that tracked to the robbery at the bus stop, and the two burglaries.  It was "so" nice they figured we had a lot.  Ha! 

Anyway, we finally got to work.  She let us off, and I got the hand cart.  I loaded everything on the cart and then we put most of it in the fridge. 

We took 2 cases of canned sodas (if you haven't run out, you can stock room temperature canned soda - the machines have excellent compressors and chill the drinks quickly), and Ron hopped on the cart. 

One employee referred to us as "The Power Couple".  I found that endearing.  I'm glad we are visible.  One night, back in 2002, I asked a roomful of employees if any of them had even seen the other vendor.  Only one person raised a hand (out of 30). 

By the way, the other vendor did manage to fix one of the down food machines.  Good, I was praying for that.  God wants me to ask for His blessings on them, so I will. 

My snack machines could use a little work, so I rearranged some merchandise to make them look better.  Now they look great. 

Ron stocked his soda and we got the drinks out of the fridge.  Ron stocked that. 

However, we almost missed our ride.  Ron and I were sniping at each other and he wailed "Why do we always attack each other [under stress]?"  Good question.  We can work on that. 

We got out, and discovered our driver had not left us.  She was even waiting close to the "old" spot.

Depressed and miserable, I went straight to bed.  I took a nap for about an hour.  Ron did attempt to be quiet. 

No cat.  I missed her. 

However, the weather's already in the 70's so I guess I won't see her for a while.  She did hit Ron up for treats, so she's OK. 

I got up and fixed myself a chicken sandwich on whole wheat bread, with BBQ sauce and a slice of sharp cheddar.  I was pretty proud of myself - eating "real" food instead of cookies, for dinner. 

My pills agreed. 

Nothing worse than eating, and feeling nauseous for hours, because they didn't. 

No comments: