Thursday, February 27, 2014

Glad I bought the flashlight

I remembered to bring my flashlight today (I have a few of the small $1 five-LED flashlights).  You'll see why that matters. 

We went to Walmart.  I got some snack foods, apple cider vinegar (in case I decide to do a henna treatment), and some air fresheners.  Ron got a can of the "cream style creole beans" he likes, and some drinks. 

After Walmart we went to the warehouse.  We got some drinks for work.  We got to work and realized we needed 7 more cases.  We'll get that tomorrow. 

I also worked on the bottled vendor.  Now, Ron and I have a tendency to bicker when we troubleshoot.  Me, because I want to just do things without reporting every step.  Ron, because he feels I've gone "cowboy" and pulling out wires left and right (so to speak). 

Today, much as it galled me, I got "permission" before each thing I did.  If I asked, he was fine with me doing it.  Thank God I had my flashlight, it's very dark in the corner.  The machine has LED's when it's on, but when we open the door it goes dark.  However, we figured it out - it ate a $1 bill.  We took it out and everything works fine now. 

It didn't kill me, either, and it was a hell of a lot easier than last time, which ended in a fight. 

We tested it to be sure; it's fine.  Ron thinks I am the best wife ever.  I'm just glad God gave us the answer.  Which brings me to something else - yesterday our heater was making very weird noises and not turning on.  We prayed over it and it is working fine now.  Thank God. 

The flashlight was so useful I put it in a vending machine for storage. 

The other vendor's machine's were about halfway moved; and right next to the administrative office.  That ought to be an interesting match.  One of their customers came to me asking which machines I "did", and I told them "Just the ones in here".  He had clearly had a bad experience. 

We stocked what we had, and did an inventory.  I need some inventory tomorrow.  Ron had me "rob" snacks and they made enough to pay for their inventory. 

I put up a few notes "Like us on Facebook!" with our company name.  I plan to post little updates and maybe a discount or two.  If I want, I can program one of my snacks to take a discount code.  If I have it configured, the customer can punch in the code and get a nickel off their item.  I can set that up for one-day-only specials.   I'd like to do that for Veteran's Day, stuff like that, because we have a lot of veterans.   I plan to keep it light and positive. 

I already have 8 likes in one day.  At least some of them are actual Postal Workers.  I think it's a great way to stay in touch with the customers. 

Ron and I are also figuring out a way they can file a refund on the FB page, and then we leave an envelope with the refund, with someone on that shift.  That way they don't have to go up front to the office. 

I finally got ahold of Mom and let her know what's happening.  She was outraged.  It really does make it better, when someone's furious on my behalf. 

I bought an 8 Gig chip for my tablet.  Now I can put all my cat photos and music on - when I'm up to figuring it out. 

I'm good with computers; but not really when I'm medicated.  I have to do the "heavy lifting" before I take my mood stabilizers and antipsychotic. 

I'm pretty useless, after. 

No comments: