Saturday, February 15, 2014

A hell of a week!

Doc gave me discretion on my dosing; morning, or evening, just take it "about the same time every day".  I've found it works better to take my meds at night (the "hardcore" mood stabilizers and antipsychotic), because they tend to make me foggy. 

You can bet I took mine the minute I got home from work.  I ate a bowl of cereal, a large bowl, with soy milk.  I gulped everything down and nearly sobbed with relief when the dry mouth manifested.  Dry mouth means the meds are working!  I felt a lot better. 

Ron kept telling me I was fine, and I kept telling him, I'm not.  I just wasn't letting it out.  I was starting to get a little paranoid and all.  [blowing out a breath]  Only a couple doses from complete insanity.  Humbling, let me tell you. 

Everything looked good.  I went to bed early, as I planned to get up at 5, and I was awakened around midnight with horrible abdominal pain.  It seemed to be gas.  I vaguely remembered the cereal causing some gas issues the last time I ate. 

I have the chewable anti gas medication, one of the few medications that does not affect me.  I took one and went back to bed.  I was awakened later with some serious "urgency". 

After about 20 minutes of hell, and drinking a lot of water (I was losing it!), I decided to make a little party of it.  I got my book (I'm rereading this, again), camped out, and read, gurgled, and managed.  I don't know if the soy milk was bad, I ate a bad piece of pizza at lunch, or what, but boy I paid. 

I don't like to focus on the negative: so, I'll tell you about my awesome cat, torbie (the fat tortiseshell in the photos).  She sat in the bathroom doorway, sharing my sufferings.  When I finally finished and crawled back in bed, she got on top of me, purring for quite a while, resting comfortably on my abused abdomen, and demanding petting.  I was happy to oblige.  After about half an hour (I think), the pain and cramps finally abated, she went off to "her spot" at the left foot of my bed.  She's sitting behind me on the couch right now. 

Since I was up about an hour, sick, in the middle of the night, I ditched most of my God Time and slept in a little.  I figured He'd understand.  I did get my shower. 

We went to Walmart and I got a few things, including a new pair of jeans.  The "new" jeans look to be that awful dirtywash.  I'm sure I'll sound old, but why would I deliberately wear dirty-looking jeans?  That's not feasible for work.  I'm in foodservice; if they perceive me as "dirty" I'm out of work. 

So, I got a pair of black in my size.  I didn't try them on but they fit fine at home. 

I left Ron playing music on his talking book machine for a lady in one of the departments.  She was singing and dancing with the music, stocking away, having a great old time. 

I went in search of bras.  I found 2 on clearance.  One is my size.  I know it works.  It was $6.  That's a good deal.  I like to have a couple bras and now I do.  The other one was $2, in a band size smaller than my current one. 

I'd like to think I'll lose some weight.  I'd like to think I'll need that bra one day, and $2 was too good to pass up.  I put it in the cart and got Ron. 

In the Men's pocket t-shirt (I wear them at work) area, I found a nice wedgewood blue shirt.  Into the cart.  I should get one for Ron.  He likes pocket t-s. 

We decided we didn't need cat treats.  I got some soda for me, and some for work.  I hunted down chips. I was disappointed to see the Lays Stax took away "my" sour cream and onion, instead bringing in some jalapeno thing.  I am not a jalapeno lover.  I got a bag of "Queso" chips instead. 

I got some pudding, bland food that likes an upset digestive system.  Time to go. 

The $2 bra scanned at $6.  I told her to put it back but she made it $2 instead.   Nice.  I guess she was willing because I didn't have an attitude. 

We went home (eventually). 

I put everything away and got ready to leave again.  This time, we went to the wholesale warehouse.  We got some drinks for Ron, and snacks for me. 

For some odd reason, they didn't have any Famous Amos Chocolate Chip cookies.  They did have other things I needed, though.  I got them.  I was happy when I pulled out the trays (when I open the machine, I pull out the tray and then stock), because I only had 1-2 items left.  The customers are liking my selection.  I just need to stock. 

I did that.  I cleaned them up, took down the Valentine's decorations, and made sure Ron's stuff looked good too.  I don't know who moved our machines, but they did a good job. 

I don't want to know how they're routing our electrical, but everything is working great.  I have no complaints.  Yeah, it's dark and crowded, but the customers have access.  That's the most important. 

Then we came home. 

Thank God we get tomorrow off.  It's been a hell of a week! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Soy milk can cause horrid gas, all soy foods can gas it us a bean ;) try beano if you like soy milk, I find it horrible.