Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Still a little manic

I don't have much time this morning.  My ride arrives in less than an hour.

Happily, I'm still a little manic so I've been getting a lot done.

1.  You may remember my interest in wool blankets a few years ago.  I bought a few, they were about $5 each.  Considering they are wool, they're pretty soft and friendly, and very warm.  However, I found  it very difficult to wash the first blanket (I couldn't agitate it or the wool would shrink, and no dryer either).

However, when reading, something caught my eye "She rushed to put the clothes outside so the rain would wash them..."  When a storm front came in, I clipped the blankets to some plastic chairs in the backyard and let the rain wash them.  It did a good job.  Now I have three, nice and soft wool blankets.

2.  Bubba spent all night with me last night (the older black cat).  I love my Bubba, and nothing thrills me like the feeling of him climbing over my legs at night to find a comfortable spot.  He came and went a few times, growled at the kitten once, and was a wonderful cuddle cat.  He slept pretty close to me, and didn't mind the petting either.  He doesn't like the cold.  I know that.  My bed is the warmest spot in the house, I'm right under an excellent vent, but I still love him.

3.  I was invited to take a handgun class.  Actually, twice this week.  Different people.  I said no, both times.  I just think me and a gun are a bad idea.

4.  I've caught up on most of the housework I wanted to do.  I'll probably finish organizing the bedroom tonight, and maybe work on the garden tomorrow.

5.  Ron was doing the "black cloud of doom" routine this morning, but I didn't mind because I was manic.  It just rolled off.

And people wonder why we want to stay manic!  At least, stay manic longer!

So, off I go, to work.  I'm broke until I get paid, a few days, but I can wait.

4 comments:

Mark Charles said...

Yes with mental health issues and a booze soaked husband, not to mention paranoia. " a dirty bomb" ? As a fellow bipo I agree You have made a profoundly smart choice to not own a gun! Thank you. I am just sorry more people do not feel like you do.
Of course as you know I am a Christian, married gay social liberal who votes accordingly I want gun laws changed to strict regulations.So on this subject I agree Also in managing and keeping an emergency kit, look two things I agree with you on! My reasoning is not based on yours, natural disasters or sudden job loss are my worries. Not dirty bombs or riots. It is prudent. I work as a Red Cross volunteer setting up nursing kits for shelters. You may look into volunteering since you are so interested in everyone being prepared.

Heather Knits said...

See how he does the "knife", self justification, and then a compliment at the very end?

I pity your spouse, I bet you fight *dirty*.

Jillian said...

I'm terrified of guns. I won't lie, they freak me out. They also are not a part of our culture, largely (in Canada), unless you are a hunter. I personally refuse to have any guns in the house.

I know here in Canada, (where gun control is very strict anyway) a person with Bipolar Disorder can't get a weapons permit, or join the military. I think that's smart....

Melanie said...

I guess it all depends on one's perspective. I grew up in the country, the boondocks, where learning to hunt and being around guns (and bows and arrows) was as natural as learning to walk. We also ate what we killed.

I thank our Founding Fathers for enshrining our God-given right to keep and bear arms in the Second Amendment. It's not a good thing for only the government and criminals to have access to guns. That way lies tyranny.