Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A quick note

Just a quick note before I do my God Time and run some errands.

1.  Nothing happens outside of God's will.  This is God's will for the country.
2.  Ron had some really good insights, video blog to follow later.
3.  God will take care of me, no matter what.
4.  I am commanded, in the Bible, to avoid worry.


I find it interesting.  I have several, unrelated, groups of Christian friends.  They all say the same thing: I put up the Christmas tree early, this year.  I don't know why,  I just felt like I should.  Normally, I don't do this until after Thanksgiving.

Interesting.  I have some charity related things I'm doing (basically gift boxes for "needy"), so after my God Time and shower I'm off to do that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The statement that nothing happens outside of God's will seems to contradict the Christian belief that God gives people free will and does not control anything.

Yes Obama was reelected but God did not have anything to do with it. He allows us to choose our leaders good or bad. It seems people choose leaders who reflect the moral compass in society at that moment in time.

People today want a leader who will be their parent and give them a helping hand. It is ironic that Obama won in all the states that had troubles with Sandy. Is it coincidence or just a sign of the times?

Not to say that Mitt would have been any better. After all they are 2 sides of the same coin just with a few different talking points; so people actually believe they are voting for or against someone - when in actuality the policies of both were quite similar on most issues.

Heather Knits said...

Well, I think my pastor said it best:

To the question, Free Will or God's Will?

Yes, to both.