Friday, November 23, 2012

As He Laughed

Something funny happened today.

Ron and I have a satellite location, at a Christian bookstore.  They asked Ron for a soda machine, for the break room, and Ron arranged it.   We've been stocking it for a few years now.

We had a problem with the changer mechanism; and had to have it replaced.  So, today, we decided to do an inventory.  I know they want their soda during the holidays.

We went in and went to the back.  We need 4 cases of soda.  I went out and got some Christmas decorations at the Dollar Store, and lunch for us.

I came back, waving at everyone as I went to the break room again.  I sat down, gave Ron his food, and began eating.

All of a sudden, I heard a voice calling my name.  As you may know, I do hallucinate at times so I thought I was hearing things, but it kept calling my name.

"Heather.  Heather!"
"Yes?"  {Is it You, Lord? }
"Help yourself to the cookies on the table!"  {What?} "CLICK"
I realized the intercom had just hung up.  Someone had called me from the front of the store.

For a moment, though, I thought it was God!  [laugh]

Ron teased me relentlessly - he knows I may hear things that aren't there so he kept telling me he didn't hear it.  As he he laughed.

No comments: