Monday, November 19, 2012

Accurate result

I should have known the depression was coming: when I took my nap today, BOTH cats slept with me (Baby Girl slept on the floor, next to my bed).   They never do that.  Bubba won't let Baby Girl on my bed so she sleeps next to it.

Oh, I hate the depression.  Hate it with a deep and abiding passion.

I also hate toxic symptoms, which I had all morning and a little just now.  I've been taking OTC painkillers for the last couple days, between headaches, my cycle, and all.  The painkillers raise my lithium levels.

Normally I don't have a problem with a dose or two, but a couple days, consistently?  UGH.  I was running into things, dragging my left foot, and battling a roaring attack of the stupids all day.  I also had trouble finding words for things, but I didn't have any "Go to the hospital" symptoms like falling down, acting drunk, vomiting, et al.  I've told Ron what to watch for and what to do.

Ron asked "Can you go to Walmart?"  It was a good question.  I managed to make it there and get my supplies: stuffing (Ron adores stuffing and will eat the entire portion at once), gravy (Ron adores gravy), a nice cat food treat (chunky chicken cat food), some canned fruit cocktail for my dessert, and sugar free jello if I feel inspired and want to make a mold with the fruit cocktail.  I also got a lot of soda.  I finally found their generic Diet Dr Pepper.

My love for Diet Dr Pepper is legendary.  So much, Ron buys me my own case of bottles every month.    He knows a bottle of Diet Dr is the perfect love offering.  I will always squeal with joy.

I was OK this morning.  We went to work and got it all done.  It was a pretty quiet weekend.  We paid the other vendor for our soda order.  I got the sandwiches.  I called the former Hostess route salesman and told him about Metrolift - he sounded pretty interested.  I also told him I'd be praying for him and his family, every day.

Sometimes it is clear to me that God wants me to make a referral to someone (that happened with my church, and interestingly enough it's the guy who gives us rides now).  I'm glad to do it.

I didn't get to finish my God Time this morning, I kept hitting the snooze button.  At some point, I need to strip the bed and wash my sheets.  Ron's, too if he'll let me.  He's always in bed at home.

Well, if I had his problems I'd be in bed, too.

After work we had a good ride to Walmart and I got my shopping done, didn't spend much, and went home.  I put up the Thanksgiving food:  Ron has a TV dinner, extra turkey and gravy, and stuffing and gravy.  I have turkey and gravy, peas (I love peas), stuffing, gravy, and triple cherry fruit cocktail for dessert.  The cats have their favorite: Special Kitty Chunky Chicken dinner.  I also got chicken and liver dinner, because Bubba loves liver.

When I cook an entire turkey or chicken, I always sauté the liver and give it to Bubs.  He adores it.  A few years ago, Bubba actually stole the turkey neck and dragged it off.

My cats are animals, a bunch of wild animals, straight out of the alley.

I was pretty happy with my selections, and waited in a very long line to check out.  I have a great objection to those self checkout things.  For one, I hate the talking thing - ugh - it completely fries my brain.

Secondly, it takes jobs away from people who could be cashiering.  So, I'd rather wait in line and support a real human with a  real life, even if they're sullen and coughing all over me.

Not that mine did, today, but she was in a pretty bad mood.  Well, it's not easy to work at the super center during the holidays.

I was feeling pretty off, but I still got Ron some deli chicken and potatoes.  He kept plying me with potatoes, which I thought was sweet.  I got a couple of double cheeseburgers at the McDonalds, one for now, one for later.

I just felt so off, I figured I wouldn't have any energy to cook, and I need to take my lithium later tonight for an accurate result.  I can just warm up a hamburger in the microwave and be done with it.

I ate my hamburger, some of Ron's potatoes, and felt a little better, but when we got home I put up my stuff and went straight to bed.  I felt Bubba walking over me to "his" spot (lower left corner), and when I woke up I saw the kitten sleeping on the floor, by my bed.  They're very sweet.

I still feel kind of disconnected from my body but that will pass eventually.  I just hope I don't have all the drama I did with the last blood test, they had me processed under two different names!  Ugh!

I'm just asking God for an accurate result, whatever that is.


1 comment:

Melanie said...

I thought that I was the only Luddite in America who can't abide those self-checkout things! I don't mind bagging my own groceries, in fact I prefer to, because I must admit that I'm faster than any bagger I've ever seen (they usually offer me a job, lol), but I prefer a real live cashier to check them out. Don't really know why, the few times I've had to use them it was simple enough, but I just don't like them.