Thursday, November 1, 2012

I'm not stupid

I despise untruth.  I despise manipulation.  I'm not alone, either.

One problem I see, many "liberals" or "left leaning" people distort the truth.  "The economy is fine"  Why are my sales down 75%?  Why is every talking about how they can't get a job?  "The economy is fine, you're just a hater, Heather.  You don't understand the complexities".

No, I don't understand the complexities.  But, as I saw in the meme on Facebook "Gas was $2 a gallon when he was elected, now it's $5.  I may be old, but I'm not stupid, you [donkey]".

That about sums it up.  I'm not stupid.  You can name call, hit below the belt (can I get a reply to a political" post without a reference to my husbands' drinking problem?  Really?  It appears I cannot), judge, accuse me of judging, tell me I'm stupid, etc.  That's your God Given right.

God bless the First Amendment, home of the Free Bible Handout!  [laugh]

If, as you claim, you really "want help understanding bipolar disorder", there are 3 million people in the country, with the illness.  Mine is not the only blog.

Do you want to know how to "manage bipolar disorder"?
1.  Take your meds as directed.
2.  Pray and develop a faith walk with God.
3.  Don't drink.
4.  Try to live a stable life with a routine (go to bed the same time every night, get enough sleep, eat right).  There.  Now you can go find another blog.  That's all I do.

If you see a good, worthwhile life, it's due to God working in me.  I think God has enabled me to extend grace and forgiveness to my husband; just like my husband did to me.

I don't talk about it, but I'm going to say it as plainly as possible: you all see me after medication.  Before medication, I was a bitch.  Before my diagnosis, I was so evil-tempered I had 4-5 deli helpers just walk out in a year's time, because they couldn't take my abuse.

And you go on about Ron's abuse!  Oh!  If Ron had a blog back then you would have been telling him to get the hell out, she isn't worth it, etc, but Ron was able to extend me grace and forgiveness, especially when he found out I was sick.   But I am expected to do just the opposite of what my husband did, the opposite of what my God and my Bible tell me to do, to please some anonymous people on the internet.

So, you expect me to throw away a sick husband, one who is fighting the battle as best he can.  One who  anguishes when he is $5 short on my pay, who feels "guilty" for asking me to work an extra hour.  A guy who spoils the cats so much I have to tell him to cut back on the "treating".  A guy who gets out of bed, wheelchair, blindness, and all - battling neuropathy, and, yes, alcoholism, to provide for us all.

He is a damn fine husband.  I'm not throwing me out.  If the drinking gets bad again, with verbal abuse, God will give me the grace to deal.  I have a small emergency fund so I can walk out and get a hotel room, or call my aunt and spend the night.  I have a wonderful support network, the best I've had in my life.

I'm not stupid.

No comments: